This report helps retailers craft a robust strategy for digital transformation based on industry outlook and best practices. It begins with a summary of key trends shaping the retail industry, followed by the industry outlook over the next 18–24 months. We continue with a detailed assessment of 20 leading service providers. Each profile provides an overview of the service provider, its industry-specific solutions, and a list of representative clients and partnerships, along with brief client case studies. Each profile concludes with analyst insights on the provider’s practice maturity, investments and innovations, and partner ecosystem. The report can aid businesses in identifying the right partners and service providers to support their digital transformation journeys.
Why read this RadarView?
The retail industry is bouncing back. With both online commerce gaining momentum and offline commerce making a comeback, retailers have started to bet big on omnichannel retailing. New touchpoints for online sales, new format of brick-and-mortar stores, and digitally-led experiential retail have led to the generation of new revenue streams and enhanced customer experience.
This report addresses assists retailers in charting their action plan. It also identifies key service providers and system integrators that can help enterprises accelerate their digital adoption.
This RadarView includes an analysis of the following service providers in the retail digital services space: Accenture, Atos, Capgemini, Cognizant, CGI, DXC, Genpact, HCL, Hexaware, IBM, Infosys, Litmus7, Mindtree, NCR Corporation, NTT DATA, Reply, TCS, Tech Mahindra, UST, Wipro, and Zensar.
The industry insights and recommendations presented are based on our ongoing interactions with senior executives, vendors, subject matter experts, and Avasant Fellows, along with lessons learned from consulting engagements.
Our evaluation of service providers is based on primary input from the providers, focused briefings, public disclosures, and Avasant’s ongoing market interactions. The assessment is across three dimensions of practice maturity, investments and innovation, and partner ecosystem, leading to our recognition of those service providers that have brought the most value to the market over the past 12 months.
Table of contents
About the report (Page 3)
Scope of the report (Page 4–5)
Executive summary (Pages 6–8):
- Key recommendations for retailers
- Avasant recognizes 20 top-tier providers supporting retailers in digital transformation
Lay of the land (Pages 9–16)
- Key challenges and new opportunities in retail industry
- Trends shaping the retail industry
- Improvement in digital shopping experience
- Emergence of new concept brick-and-mortar stores
- Criticality of Intelligent digital supply chains
- Evaluation of different business models
- Increase in mergers and acquisitions
The road ahead (Pages 17–25)
- Chart a detailed investment plan to prioritize and plan for business and digital strategies
- Develop customer-centric strategies across critical touchpoints
- Digitalize stores
- Deploy digital technologies to achieve business objectives
- Prioritize investment areas in the Omniverse
- Expand investments in startups to acquire specialized digital capabilities
- Partner with specialized and progressive retailers
- Partner with service providers to expedite digital transformation
RadarView overview (Pages 26–31)
- Methodology and coverage
- Interpretation of classification
- RadarView assessment
Service provider profiles (Pages 32–92)
- Detailed profiles for Accenture, Atos, Capgemini, Cognizant, CGI, DXC, Genpact, HCL, Hexaware, IBM, Infosys, Litmus7, Mindtree, NCR Corporation, NTT DATA, Reply, TCS, Tech Mahindra, UST, Wipro, and Zensar.
Read the Research Byte based on this report.