CX has become a major driver of customer brand preference, purchase decisions, and behavior. It is a key differentiator, contributing to growth, customer retention, and loyalty. With the rapid growth of devices and touchpoints, omnichannel and personalization are at the center of CX discussions. Enterprises are increasingly leveraging AI, analytics, and data platforms to build a 360-degree view of the customer.
These emerging trends are covered in Avasant’s Digital CX Services 2022-23 RadarView™. The report gives organizations a view into the changing landscape of CX and the role of digital technologies in responding to the pandemic. It also helps enterprises to identify the right service providers they can partner with to reshape their customer-facing functions.
Avasant evaluated 42 providers using three dimensions: practice maturity, partner ecosystem, and investments and innovation. Of these, we recognized 25 that brought the most value to the market during the past 12 months.
The report recognizes service providers in four categories:
- Leaders: Accenture, Capgemini, HCL, IBM, Infosys, and Wipro
- Innovators: Atos, Cognizant, Deloitte, NTT DATA, TCS, and Tech Mahindra
- Disruptors: Birlasoft, DXC, ITC Infotech, LTI, Mindtree, Virtusa, and Zensar
- Challengers: Coforge, Happiest Minds, Jade Global, Mphasis, Stefanini, and UST
Figure 1 from the full report illustrates these categories:
“Customers can access the price and availability of any product at any time. Loyalty only goes so far”, said Marie Smith, fellow at Avasant. “Enterprises that focus on customer experience can make the final sale. But it takes thoughtful investment across channels to provide that experience.”
The full report provides a number of findings and recommendations, including the following:
- Invest in a digital CX strategy that spans multiple channels and platforms. Enterprises should invest in real-time customer journey analytics, customer data integration, and digital channels to implement an omnichannel experience.
- Provide a personalized and customized customer journey with personas. To support the successful deployment of CX initiatives, businesses should use strategic tools such as personas and journey maps to have a deep understanding of how customers interact in the customer life cycle and align enterprise business objectives with customer needs and expectations.
- Leverage the metaverse to create high-touch experiences and fuel new business growth. Enterprises should build a CX strategy that caters to users in the metaverse. They should create a partner ecosystem including startups, academics, consortiums, and service providers and platforms to identify gaps, innovate new solutions, and generate a new revenue stream for the enterprise.
“The customer is demanding more, so enterprises have to deliver using a mix of technologies,” said Shwetank Saini, research leader at Avasant. “The only way forward is a data-driven CX that is AI-enabled and omnichannel, with real-time information delivered to the customer.
The full report also features detailed profiles of 25 service providers, along with their solutions, offerings, and experience in assisting enterprises in their digital CX transformation.
This Research Byte is a brief overview of the Digital CX Services 2022-23 RadarView™ (click for pricing).