Scope of the report
The report addresses the need for enterprises to leverage cloud platforms to accelerate their digital journeys, embrace a cloud approach, and identify the right cloud platform providers to partner with. It covers key trends shaping the market, the impact of COVID-19 in different industries, and top bets made by cloud platform providers.
The report also features RadarView profiles of the eight platform providers, including their solutions, offerings, and experience in assisting enterprises in their digital transformation journeys. It is also a good reflection of how enterprises are increasingly leveraging artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and analytics capabilities of cloud platforms to address emerging use cases such as automating regular, manual jobs, improving safety on the shop floor, and securing sharing of data across organizations.
Why read this RadarView?
The pandemic accelerated the need for resilient systems, which provide quicker results to business users even in a remote setup. To address this need led by industries such as pharmaceutical, education, travel, sports, and banking and capital markets, cloud platform providers are concentrating their initiatives in three key areas: automation, edge computing, and analytics.
This report is designed to help enterprises define their approach for cloud adoption and identify the right platform to support them. It assesses cloud platform providers across the key dimensions of product maturity, enterprise adaptability, and innovation road map.
This RadarView includes an analysis of the following cloud platform providers: Alibaba Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DigitalOcean, Google, IBM, Lumen Technologies, Microsoft, and Oracle.
Avasant follows a multipronged approach to gather the practitioner’s insights. This includes extensive and ongoing interviews and discussions with subject matter experts, Avasant distinguished fellows, and advisors involved in strategy development for the cloud. This is augmented with online questionnaires with leading cloud platform providers.
Avasant evaluated more than 15 cloud platform vendors across the dimensions of product maturity, enterprise adaptability, and innovation road map to recognize eight vendors that have brought the most value to the market over the last 12 months.
About the report (Page 3)
Executive summary (Pages 4–7)
- Defining cloud computing platforms
- Key cloud platform trends shaping the market
- RadarView assessment
The current state (Pages 8–16)
- COVID-19 ushered in the next era of cloud adoption across enterprises
- Cloud adoption led by pharma, education, sports, travel, and banking and capital markets
- State and local governments are deploying measures with help of cloud providers
Cloud provider initiatives (Pages 17–20)
- Doubling down on AI/ML services enhancement
- Partnering with telcos and broadcasters to build advanced network solutions
- Leveraging analytics for building advanced data strategy
Three-pronged strategy (Pages 21–24)
- Cloud platform providers collaborating with their ecosystem partners
- Providers continuing to develop industry-specific platforms and services
- Cloud platforms adoption leading to expansion in new regions
RadarView overview (Pages 25–30)
- Methodology and coverage
- Interpretation of classification
- RadarView assessment
Platform provider profiles (Pages 31–47)
- Featured platform providers: Alibaba Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DigitalOcean, Google, IBM, Lumen Technologies, Microsoft and Oracle
Authors (Page 49)
Read the Research Byte based on this report.