TOPIC OF DISCUSSION:
Top Reasons Why So Many Automation Programs are Failing to Deliver Promised Business Benefits …And How to Avoid Them
- Implementation of “digital tools” without a cohesive understanding of the marketplace
- Biggest hurdle is legacy environment (and mitigating the costs)
- Underestimated change management in reskilling workforce and adapting to their digital colleagues
- “Random acts of automation” not linked to a digital strategy or transformation objectives
- RPA is more complex and takes longer to implement than advertised which leads to business cases not being achieved
But, how do you avoid them?
- With an end-to-end holistic strategy that addresses both the business objectives and technology (current and emerging).
- An Innovation Council to govern the strategy and manage the pipeline of new automation opportunities.
- Leverage the right partner.
- Get executive buy-in from the beginning.
Client Case Studies:
Featuring client examples including a client case study and presentation from Motiva.
Case Study 1:
As a new company, Motiva needed a partner to help develop their entire Finance & Accounting operations system, everything from simple to complex processes including hydrocarbon accounting. To maximize efficiencies and increase business insights, Motiva also wanted the system to be fully automated. Before starting the digital transformation, Sutherland first stabilized their F&A practice. Once complete, automation and innovation were introduced. The Innovation Council played a key role in the program’s success. By forming this team, Sutherland executed a flawless finance digital transformation.
Case Study 2:
A global market leading shipping and logistics company set up a central knowledge base so agents quickly and reliably handle complex customer queries. Innovative collections solutions like SMS texts, chat, and online payment made it easier for customers to pay duty and VAT fees, drove customer satisfaction up and brought DSO down. Analytics and data insight allowed us to consistently improve business-to-business and business-to-consumer portfolio collection yields, saving millions of dollars. This company is now more profitable, has collected more cash, reduced write-offs, and most importantly, improved the customer experience.