Avasant’s RadarView™ Recognizes the Top-Tier Providers Supporting Airlines and Airports in Digital Transformation
Avasant has unveiled its Airlines and Airports Digital Services RadarViewTM 2019-2020, a pioneering market assessment report that recognizes the top 22 providers for digital transformation in Airline and Airport Industry. These 22 providers have shown mature capabilities and consistent growth in their Airlines and Airports digital service offerings and have been assessed across three key dimensions – practice maturity, investments & innovation, and ecosystem development. The report categorizes the top service providers as follows:
- Leaders: Accenture, Cognizant, HCL, IBM, TCS, Wipro
- Innovators: Capgemini, Hexaware, Infosys, NIIT Technologies, Tech Mahindra
- Disruptors: CGI, Mindtree, Mphasis, Softtek
- Challengers: DXC, ITC Infotech, Sutherland, T-Systems, Unisys, WNS, Zensar
- The primary engines of industry growth, with a cumulative average growth rate of over 10%, are the Asia-Pacific domestic and the Low-Cost Carrier segments. American and Middle Eastern airlines are expected to make significant investments in these segments.
- Sustainability related activism and eco-taxes will drive significant investments, such as large-scale re-fleeting and bio fuel adoption, to improve fuel efficiency by up to 20%.
- New Distribution Capability adoption is accelerating and is beginning to transform how Airline offerings are retailed. The potential upside in terms of profit per passenger could be as high as 150-200%.
- The perpetual threat of customer data breaches will continue to drive an over 30% growth in cybersecurity related investments across the industries.
- More innovative ecosystem partnerships, such as those between airlines and training institutes to address the shortage of pilots and technicians and the associated wage increases, have already started and will continue to expand and deepen.
- Emerging technology adoption will continue to accelerate with several use cases addressing new ancillary revenue stream development, customer experience reimagination and proactive operations optimization becoming mainstream rapidly.
- Over 80-90% of new contracts and over 70-80% of renewal contracts will include digital technology implementation, and this will lead to more strategic, outcome-based outsourcing partnerships between enterprises and providers.