Avasant, today announced its acquisition of research and data powerhouse Computer Economics™, an industry-leading firm providing metrics for IT management and operational benchmarks. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Founded in 1979, Computer Economics conducts original research and delivers advisory services on the strategic and financial management of information technology. Computer Economics’ pioneering IT Spending and Staffing Benchmarks study, published annually since 1990, is the definitive source of IT spending ratios and metrics for over 25 industry and government sectors.
Avasant CEO Kevin S. Parikh, said, “Today’s organizations are reliant on insights backed by primary research and data. Computer Economics is unique in its ability to provide IT benchmarks by vertical industry.”
Computer Economics™ will join a list of Avasant Research and Data solutions which include: AvaMark™ Price Benchmarking, RadarView™ Market Assessments, AvaSense™ Governance Services, and Global Equations™ Country-Level Industry Data. We are excited to double down on our commitment to help our clients make better data-driven decisions.”
Computer Economics research provides IT metrics in six categories along with practical advice backed up by annual surveys of IT decision makers:
- Budgets and Spending: Over 150+ metrics on how much organizations spend on IT, and what they spend it on.
- Staffing and Salaries: IT staffing ratios for 16 IT job functions, and IT salaries for over 70 IT jobs in more than 400 U.S. metropolitan areas and 20 industry sectors.
- Technology Adoption: Annual Technology Trends study and detailed reports provide an overview of current adoption trends, investment trends, ROI/TCO, and customer experience for a variety of new and popular technologies.
- IT Management Best Practices: Annual study on IT Management Best Practices and related reports, give details on the current state of maturity for over 30 IT practices found within the best-run IT organizations.
- Outsourcing Statistics: Annual IT Outsourcing Statistics study and related reports provide an overview and detailed analysis of current trends and customer experience in outsourcing 10 IT functions.
- Equipment Valuations: IT valuations database and related reports provide data on typical vendor discount levels, current fair market values, and residual value forecasts for computer hardware.
Computer Economics President Frank Scavo added, “We have a proud history of over 40 years providing metrics for IT decision makers in end-user organizations and for the IT consulting firms that serve them. We are thrilled to join Avasant, which is an industry leader in consulting and data-driven solutions, to provide an even stronger offering to our clients and the marketplace.”
Avasant is a leading management consulting firm focused on translating the power of technology into realizable business strategies for the world’s largest corporations. Specializing in digital and IT transformation, sourcing advisory, global strategy, and governance services, Avasant prides itself on delivering high-value engagements through industry-focused innovation and flexible client-based solutions.
Our seasoned professionals have an average of 20 years of industry-honed expertise, having conducted 1000+ engagements in over 50 countries. Avasant’s next generation consulting and advisory methods have made it the top-ranked firm in its class, with recognition from numerous organizations, including: Vault, NOA, IAOP, and Wall Street Journal.
For more information, visit https://www.avasant.com.
Follow news, photos and video on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/avasant, Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/avasantllc, and LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/avasant/.
About Computer Economics
Founded in 1979, Computer Economics provides metrics for IT management. It conducts original research and delivers advisory services on the strategic and financial management of information technology. Its clients include large and midsize IT organizations, along with major and midsize professional services firms in North America and around the world. Its research is quoted widely in the business and tech press and in major news publications such as the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times.
Akshay Khanna, Partner
Avasant Strategic Initiatives