Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Large practice and wide enterprise client base, backed by heavy R&D investments and acquisitions.”
- Accenture provides analytics capabilities through its Applied Intelligence umbrella. It has significant client experience, with over 2000 AI and analytics clients. It has also seen good traction with large enterprises, having 70 of the Fortune 100 companies as its clients. Their analytics practice contributes around 60% of their overall revenue.
- 19,000 of its global workforce are focused on applied intelligence, which includes 3,000+ data scientists and engineers. It has also filed around 900 patents in the AI/Analytics space.
- It leverages a repository of robust IPs and verticalized solutions to provide cross-industry analytics capabilities. Its Accenture Insights Platform has specifically created a strong demand across its customer base.
- Accenture works closely with marquee clients in developing innovative use cases for AI technologies. An example is its work with Roche on integrating machine learning and algorithmic AI to improve cancer diagnosis and recommendations.
- Accenture works closely with nearly all key core AI providers and has developed a certified workforce across their AI engines. It has strategic alliances with IBM, Microsoft and Google to develop progressive industry use cases.
- It has strong research engagements with universities for business analytics such as MIT and ESSEC in France. Through its Tech4Good initiative, it works with non-profit organizations such as the Grameen Foundation to help women access financial services using AI.
Investments and Innovation
- It uses the inorganic route to expand its AI/Analytics capabilities. Its acquisitions in 2018 include Pillar Technology, Kognetix, Knowledgent, Quantexa and Ripjar. It acquired Search Technologies in 2017.
- It established 23 Accenture Innovation Centers, 5 of which are focused on advanced analytics. These centers help Accenture innovate and incubate business solutions leveraging AI/ML technologies.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.