Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Platform-centric approach. Multiple acquisitions. Strong R&D investment. Wide client base, especially in Europe.”
- Atos | Syntel has been an active innovator in AI/Analytics space and has taken platform-centric approach through its Atos Codex AI suite. The Codex is central to its strategy and has received significant traction in the last two quarters, including recent marquee wins from a global CPG leader and an Asian oil distributor.
- Its platform is developed and maintained by a large specialized team of over 450 data scientists and AI experts spread across 9 countries. Aside from platform development, this team also works closely with customers and suppliers in joint R&D initiatives around data analytics and digital simulation.
- With Syntel’s acquisition, Atos has strengthened its existing analytics capabilities by acquiring a robust portfolio of advanced solutions in areas such as analytics and automation, which contributes 40% of Syntel’s revenue.
- It has a strategic focus on the key related areas of big data and cybersecurity. Combining them in one holistic business unit, it has been experiencing over 14% growth in the last quarter.
- It has deep partnerships with leading technology players such as Google, IBM, Dell EMC, and SAP. Additionally, it has established 3 innovation labs and inaugurated an AI lab (2018) in partnership with Google Cloud.
- It established and invested close to EUR 300M in a joint R&D partnership with Siemens. It has launched an industrial chair with CEA, a French government research body, on quantum computing and exploring big data and IoT opportunities.
Investments and Innovation
- It had multiple acquisitions in the AI/analytics space, including 3 healthcare consulting companies in the US (Pursuit Healthcare Advisors, Conduent’s Healthcare Provider Consulting, and Conduent’s Breakaway Group). It also acquired Bull (2014), a European leader in big data and security, and zData (2017), an analytics firm.
- Its recently launched AI lab in London will enable organizations to collaborate and unlock cross-enterprise opportunities in the AI/ML space. It plans to open 2 additional AI labs, one in Paris and another in Dallas.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.