Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Robust set of platforms and point solutions. Strong partnership ecosystem and marquee client base. Sharp focus on capability development.”
- Mindtree has extensive executive focus on AI and advanced analytics, which manifests in the form of separate centers of excellence for industrial insights, deep learning, conversational intelligence and delivery excellence. These report directly to the CEO.
- It has developed comprehensive offerings around AI & Analytics that leverage in-house frameworks and solution accelerators such as Decision Moments (data intelligence platform), APEX (analytics platform), and Flooresense (recommendation platform).
- Mindtree has focused extensively on retail and CPG, and travel and transportation industries. It has leveraged AI and analytics to further deepen existing client partnerships. For instance, it introduced and expanded the advanced analytics program of an 8-year CPG client.
- Its strategic focus is also reflected in the composition of the AI & Analytics practice. Its team of over 850 resources includes a core team of data scientists, research engineers, and solution engineers. It is also innovating with hybrid and outcome-based commercial models.
- Mindtree continues to forge new alliances with emerging AI/ML platform providers, including Cognitive Scale (building an AI-driven FinServ product), Gamalon (pilot with European retailer in master data management) and Tookitaki (currently executing multiple projects and have a joint GTM).
- Mindtree’s primary partnership in the data platform space is with DataBrick. It also has strong ties with cloud platform providers like Microsoft Azure (gold partnership), AWS (specific competency in Big Data), and Google Cloud Platform.
Investments and Innovation
- Mindtree leveraged an acquisitive approach to jumpstart its AI & Analytics capabilities in 2015 with acquisitions of Relational Solutions Inc. for CPG analytics and Bluefin Solutions for SAP analytics.
- Recently, Mindtree made a USD 2M gift to Stanford University’s School of Engineering for the creation of a faculty scholar position to help understand AI technologies and to leverage new customers.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.