Atos|Syntel recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Blockchain Services 2019 RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor for Blockchain Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
“Develops technical solutions in collaboration with technical and research institutes. Engaged thought leadership.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Atos|Syntel delivers end-to-end blockchain services in a standardized approach through its Atos Blockchain factory. It leverages pre-built domain use cases to rapidly develop blockchain PoCs for its clients.
- To showcase its capabilities on private blockchain platforms, it has developed a data privacy and governance layer on Hyperledger. It has also demonstrated an interest in public blockchain platforms. It was involved in PRO BTP, a French social protection group, to implement an Ethereum-based PoC for the secure repository and traceability of document deposit.
- It works mostly with its partners, including start-ups, to address blockchain security and identity. For instance, it worked with ShoCard, the US-based blockchain-identity verification company to implement a blockchain identity management platform for Bank Aljazira in Saudi Arabia.
Investments and Innovation
- Worldline, Atos’ subsidiary in payments and transaction services, has focused on blockchain technology since its launch. In 2015 and 2016, Worldline developed demos using blockchain to manage financial assets such as company bonds or lists of lost or stolen cards. One of its PoCs is point-of-sale (POS) Terminal Hotlists to improve fraud detection on payment terminals.
- Atos|Syntel actively collaborates with technology and research institutes to work on various blockchain initiatives. Currently, it is working with the IRT SystemX Technology Research Institute to explore blockchain opportunities for several verticals, including the automotive market. It is also working with ACTA, the French network of the agricultural technical institutes to explore the potential of blockchain in agriculture.
- Atos|Syntel conducts and sponsors blockchain events and competitions. In 2017, the Atos IT Challenge theme was blockchain and witnessed 77 teams from around the world compete in this area. It also sponsored the Land of African Business (LAB), a major event in Abidjan dedicated to exploring the blockchain potential in African financial and transactional services to accelerate social and economic growth.
- It has published various resources in the form of blogs, white papers, and PoVs that highlight blockchain integration with other technologies, blockchain security, blockchain in each domain, etc. One of its opinion papers is focused on the digital vision for farming that covers blockchain potential in food standards and traceability.
2019 SD-WAN Managed Services RadarView Report
2019 Digital Masters RadarView™ Report
2019 Cybersecurity RadarView™ Report
2019 Applied AI and Advanced Analytics RadarView™ Report
2019 Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Intelligent Automation Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
Atos|Syntel’s Blockchain Practice
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.