Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Strong BFSI focus. A strong consulting relationship with clients. Active thought leadership.”
- Capgemini has a dedicated independent global practice for blockchain within its financial services line through which it provides blockchain offerings ranging from consulting to technology services.
- Leveraging its robust partnership ecosystem, it was heavily involved in the projects that require the advanced understanding of the technology and in building the business scenarios and use cases across multiple industries. In 2017, Capgemini collaborated with Schneider Electric to create a PoC for using DLT in the supply chain. Other projects involved KYC solution, efficacy-based payments using Ethereum, vehicle ownership, and transfer tracking.
- Its consulting services are strengthened by its blockchain evaluation framework that evaluates the applicability of a blockchain solution. In addition, its Capgemini Applied Innovation Exchange lets its clients co-innovate and test blockchain solutions in a controlled environment before piloting and deploying them.
Investments and Innovation
- Capgemini is exploring applied blockchain technologies through the CoEs in its innovation labs across the globe. In early 2019, it has launched a new global Blockchain Center of Excellence in partnership with Swinburne University of Technology to support and innovate blockchain solutions for industry.
- It is exploring and adding complementary technology capabilities in its solutions. It is currently working with IBM at its Watson IoT Center to create a smart container management system based on blockchain and IoT.
- Capgemini has exhibited thought leadership in the forms of blog posts, PoVs, and white papers. Capgemini Research Institute, its in-house research center is quite active in doing surveys and analyses around emerging technologies, including blockchain.
- To promote higher education and research in blockchain technology, it launched a “Blockchain and B2B Platforms” Chair with École Polytechnique and the École Polytechnique Foundation in April 2019.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.