Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Framework-based approach to blockchain pilots. Wide range of PoCs. Luxoft’s acquisition to strengthen its blockchain offerings.”
- DXC’s global blockchain practice focuses primarily on facilitating blockchain adoption strategy and rapid prototyping for its clients across banking, financial services, insurance, retail, and healthcare.
- Its recent acquisition of Luxoft (June 2019) brings together 2 blockchain teams, leverages Luxoft’s offerings in financial and engineering services, and expands its footprint in Europe.
- It has taken a framework-based approach to blockchain pilots, which involved consent management, self-sovereign identity, supply chain tracking, etc. It has demos and other blockchain initiatives, some of which are accessible through its portal.
- In addition to in-house development, it has leveraged its partner network with blockchain platform providers to develop solutions. It has built expertise in working on Corda, Ethereum, Hyperledger, and Quorum. Various cross-industry applications such as trade settlement platforms are built on these platforms.
Investments and Innovation
- DXC’s recent USD 2B acquisition of Luxoft strengthens its portfolio of digital offerings in essential technology areas including analytics, IoT, and blockchain. Luxoft is a consulting and software development firm that has an already established digital delivery footprint with a workforce of 13,000 professionals.
- It continues to establish labs and innovation centers to develop blockchain prototypes and solutions and to expand its network across different geographies. In October 2018, it opened an innovation lab in Singapore to co-create blockchain prototypes and solutions with customers and partners across Asia. In June 2019, it inaugurated its innovation center in London to extend its digital network in the UK.
- DXC is actively engaged in promoting blockchain technology by organizing, sponsoring, and participating in key blockchain events and conferences. For instance, one of the speakers at BlockWalks 2019 Public Conference is the blockchain expert from DXC. There is also a panel discussion on how blockchain technology will drive the future.
- It has disseminated its views, insights, research, and opinions in the form of blog posts and articles that address the security challenges in blockchain, its disruption across industries such as healthcare and insurance, etc. In February 2017, it also surveyed a total of 100 specialists and executives from German banks with a market research institute for the study “Blockchain: Evolution or Revolution?”
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.