Virtusa recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Blockchain Services 2019 RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor for Blockchain Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Virtusa’s blockchain practice only started in 2017, but it has quickly been able to take some marquee engagements to production. For example, it developed a blockchain-based EHR management solution for a US-based insurance provider. Some of its other engagements are nearing production. Its client base span industries such as BFSI, healthcare, media and entertainment, and utilities and resources.
- Its client solutions are tailor-made blockchain structures and it has experience in over 100 use cases and 20+ solution accelerators in payments, credit monitoring, checking fraud management, trade finance, and OTC derivatives.
- It continues to focus on building relationships with platform providers to become the integrator of choice for large enterprises. It has collaborated with other permissioned and permission-less blockchain protocols, including Hyperledger, BigchainDB, Corda, and Ethereum.
Investments and Innovation
- Virtusa xLabs, the innovation hub started by Virtusa 3 years ago, is its way of tapping into the start-up ecosystem and the cutting-edge technologies driving these businesses. It initially began as a focused FinTech Lab but has now expanded its scope to include insurance, healthcare, media, and telecommunication industries. xLabs has built 20+ solution accelerators, connectors, and is involved in research covering over 400 blockchain start-ups.
- It is building a new blockchain protocol known as xChain, which can be run on serverless environments, automatic APIs, with much lower costs and reduced development times.
- Virtusa is significantly investing in enhancing its thought leadership content through multiple blockchain articles that cover topics on blockchain across different industries, including the airline industry, travel and hospitality, telecommunications, and specific applications such as election tampering.
- It continues to participate in key technology conferences. It recently exhibited its solutions such as Intelligent Document Automation for Trade Finance in Sibos 2018, the premier annual event for the financial services community.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.