Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Fast accelerating practice placing disruptive blockchain bets on platform and horizontal solutions.”
- Tech Mahindra has shifted focus to digital areas, especially since the unveiling of the DAVID (digital, automation, verticalization, innovation and disruption) strategy in 2016. Consequently, their blockchain practice has also received a shot in the arm and is making disruptive bets to show their strategic commitment to this space.
- Tech Mahindra is developing multiple use cases across key industries and is also developing platform-based and horizontal solutions for blockchain. They have also developed design labs to showcase these use cases in a sandbox environment for their clients.
- Tech Mahindra is creating a practice team that is a healthy mix of domain side experts and technical experts through a combination of internal resource movement and upskilling, and targeted external hiring.
- Tech Mahindra is leveraging its strong presence in the Indian market and has been able to develop POCs with many leading enterprises and state governments. In addition, they are exploring newer geographies in the ASEAN region for their blockchain expansion.
- One of the biggest planned investments in this space is the $80 million CoE development that Tech Mahindra has embarked on in Canada. This CoE will focus on developing platform solutions across blockchain and artificial intelligence.
- Overall, the focus this year is on developing tools, frameworks and templates, in addition to building certain industry pertinent platforms, horizontal solutions and rapid prototyping tools. One of these is a securitization platform for the banking industry. Investment in horizontals includes provenance tracking and identity management, among others.
- Tech Mahindra has engaged with some key consortiums and is evaluating some others both from a partnership and active participation perspective.
- Tech Mahindra is also expanding its current partnership ecosystem to accelerate their IP and offering development by engaging with academic institutions, fintech start ups and technology enterprises. This will also increase their market presence through expanded thought leadership.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.