Accenture recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Internet of Things Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
“Industry pioneer with significant investments in IoT. Proprietary IoT and analytics platform with a robust partnership ecosystem. High client acceptance.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Accenture facilitates an organization’s IoT journey through the Ignite methodology, which minimizes risks and accelerates project delivery. It is focused on delivering agile and scalable IoT solutions by incorporating both internal and third-party components.
- Through its Accenture Connected-Platform-as-a-Service and its cloud-based Analytics Insights Platform (AIP), Accenture provides its clients, including Fortune 1000 companies, end-to-end offerings that address industry-specific opportunities such as connected asset management, connected mine, and connected commerce.
- It played to its strengths by combining its own industry and technology expertise with its IoT ecosystem. It has partnerships with a good number of platform providers, including PTC, SAP, AWS and equipment providers such as Qualcomm.
- It has significantly focused on the data and analytics side of IoT by building IoT data platforms, intelligent automation, embedded analytics and cognitive computing.
Investments and Innovation
- Accenture has been making strategic acquisitions to grow its digital transformation and IoT business. In August 2018, it acquired Mindtribe, a hardware engineering company and Pillar Technologies, a software development company, which focuses on embedded software. In December 2018, it acquired Enaxis Consulting to deepen its digital capabilities, data science and agile project delivery.
- Its industry innovation network spans the globe through its IoT Innovation Centers where clients, technology experts, academics and entrepreneurs collaborate and experiment jointly. It has invested and will continue to invest in building talent in IoT and other emerging technologies.
- Accenture is an active developer of and a participant in industry engagement platforms and events, and has showcased IoT-related thought leadership in multiple forums. It is also involved in publishing independent white papers and IoT research through academic and industry consortia.
- It has recently taken the initiative for start-up development in the Industry X.0 space by hosting the Accenture Ventures Industry X.0 Challenge. It aims to recognize Indian start-ups that have submitted the most innovative solutions to the most challenging B2B use cases in the Industry X.0.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.