Birlasoft recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor for Internet of Things Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- With its core focus on engineering and manufacturing, Birlasoft has a strong suite of offerings related to IoT. It has mature processes in this space and uses the Model, Make, Move and Manage (4M) method across its Connected and Smart offerings to develop market facing solutions.
- Its focus is on intelligent operations that integrate IT and OT with other emerging technologies for many of its use cases like vehicle tracking, inventory monitoring and auto-replenishment. It has done significant work in remote collaboration systems that use both IoT and augmented reality.
- Birlasoft has a strong client base in manufacturing, retail, utilities and life science spaces and has been able to rapidly move IoT proofs-of-concept to actual production engagements at a number of clients. Its tools and accelerators such as intelliAsset and intelliFactory have seen good client traction.
- It has a historically good partnership ecosystem with engineering majors such as Siemens, Honeywell and Bosch, among others. It has also developed deep partnerships with IoT platform providers like PTC and SAP, where it has a number of co-developed offerings and joint go-to-market plans.
Investments and Innovation
- Birlasoft has ambitious growth plans and has earmarked a significant share of its revenue towards IoT assets, offerings and talent development (20% headcount growth expected). With the new organization structure (from KPIT to Birlasoft), it will be able to strategically focus on developing solution accelerators and stimulators for rapid implementation approaches, new business models and optimized operations.
- It is working with partners to enhance its capability. For instance, it launched a CoE with PTC in the US to demonstrate improved customer experiences on the ThingWorx Industrial Innovation Platform using its own accelerators.
- Birlasoft works extensively with the academic community through its participation in MIT’s initiatives. It is a principal and premium member of MIT’s Initiative on Digital Economy (IDE) program and its Industry Liaison Program (ILP), respectively. It also actively engages with industry analyst firms.
- Its practitioners are quite active in writing and publishing about key topics in IoT. They regularly participate in and host various seminars, webinars, conferences and events around this space, including the recent 3rd IoT Global Innovation Forum.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.