Capgemini recognized as an Innovator in Avasant’s Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as an Innovator for Internet of Things Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Capgemini, through its vendor- and platform-agnostic approach, offers end-to-end IoT services that include IoT strategy, innovation portfolio management, solution design and delivery, M2M solution in manufacturing and maintenance, rapid concept and prototyping and security services.
- It has partnered with leading IoT platform and hardware providers to bring IoT offerings across industries. The combination of its XIoT platform with Intel’s hardware, software and security capabilities provides its clients a business-case-oriented end-to-end IoT solution.
- IoT plays an integral part in its digital manufacturing service line, which focuses on enterprise-wide manufacturing digital transformation, product, asset and operations management, security and faster time to market.
- Earlier, it focused on IoT projects in automotive, healthcare and industrial sectors. Now, it is expanding to retail, energy and utilities, with the realization that IoT projects in these industries are more long-term and profitable.
Investments and Innovation
- In 2017, Capgemini acquired Idean, a digital strategy and experience design consultancy, to extend its network of digital studios and help meet its customers’ demand for end-to-end digital services. In its Product and Engineering Services division, IoT technology is around 40% of new product development. Therefore, it is actively hiring in this space and will continue to do so in the next 4-5 years.
- In 2018, it launched an IoT CoE with PTC in Mumbai to build and showcase IoT solutions built on PTC’s ThingWorx platform. The CoE focuses on enabling its customers to move from proofs-of-concept to industry deployments.
- Capgemini’s Applied Innovation Exchange (AIE) is a global platform aimed at taking the industry forward with a broad community of designers, technologists, industry experts, partners, academics, research organizations and start-ups.
- It has demonstrated keen IoT-related thought leadership in multiple IoT events and has hosted worldwide business and technology showcases such as the Capgemini Week of Innovation Networks. It is also sharing best practices in IoT through white papers and is closely tracking the market through its IoT trend studies. For instance, its Capgemini Digital Transformation Institute conducted a study around unlocking the value of IoT in business operations.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.