Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Rapidly developing provider. Takes a use-case-centric approach with specific industry focus. Historic strength in the connectivity aspect of IoT.”
- CenturyLink offers IoT solutions in partnership with other providers for 5 verticals: Smart Venue, Smart Community/City/Campus, Smart Hospitality, Smart Building and Smart Fleet. Solutions include capabilities from design consulting to security services.
- While it continues to focus significantly on the connectivity aspect of IoT solutions, it brings its experience of managing and deploying connectivity to large-scale implementation of IoT solutions in key uses cases. It already has a fairly strong pipeline of upcoming IoT projects.
- CenturyLink takes a partnership-led approach to solution development and implementation. It has identified 47 categories of partners and has seen extensive engagement with over 100 companies. It leverages both in-house and third-party resources in all its engagements.
- It also provides an optional advanced managed service that helps clients build cloud-supported IoT solutions. It leverages its traditional strength in the cloud to deliver the service that provides deep technical support from its cloud experts.
Investments and Innovation
- Its IoT practice is centered around PTC ThingWorx platform on which it has built several applications. It has also trained its staff to perform custom integration and development on the same.
- Through outreach and partnering, the innovation team at its technology CoE in Monroe, Louisiana, is growing and accelerating innovations in customer experience, connected enterprise, managed security, consumer solutions, and digital health and enabling technologies.
- It has a good body of reports related to its focused industries. Also uses its blog to articulate its point of view, especially in terms of security challenges around IoT. Some recent articles have focused on security policy and security tactics for robust IoT implementations.
- The practice leadership participated in events such as Smart Cities Week. CenturyLink, as a VMware cloud verified partner talked around concerns around IoT like security in VMworld US 2018.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.