Cognizant recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Internet of Things Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Cognizant was one of the first service providers to start their IoT practice by acquiring a captive unit of Invensys, a leading engineering and technology firm. This brought in strong operational technology expertise that helped seed the firm in the industrial IoT field. Continued strategic focus on IoT since then has expanded their capabilities and services to help key industries scale IoT with end-to-end platform solutions and smart products.
- Cognizant leans heavily on its consulting and advisory strengths to help clients define IoT requirements and subsequently provides services ranging from building physical products all the way to deploying IoT cloud platforms. It has also identified the plant retrofitting market as a key opportunity.
- It has a number of marquee deployments in nearly all key IoT industries, such as manufacturing, retail and, healthcare and life sciences, delivered through a strong body of IP and accelerators. Including OnePlant for smart manufacturing, Connected Factory and several others.
- Apart from building solutions on its own, it also partners with a number of prominent IoT platform or product providers to develop connected solutions. It has co-developed remote monitoring, near-real-time service and proactive field servicing solutions with PTC, AWS, Microsoft and others.
Investments and Innovation
- Cognizant invests strategically through the CTO office with a focus on edge computing and analytics. It has built centers of excellence and co-innovation spaces around these areas. Recently, it set up a new CoE in collaboration with PTC to co-develop solutions in the manufacturing, energy, high-tech and life sciences industries. It also has four “Collaboratories” globally to create solutions that combine cutting-edge technologies.
- It has been making inorganic investments to expand its digital footprint. In October 2018, it also acquired Softvision, a digital engineering and consulting company, as well as Brilliant Services to expand its intelligent products and solutions coverage in Japan.
- Cognizant has developed significant thought leadership content around IoT, especially from an Industry 4.0 perspective. It has a wide variety of assets in the form of perspectives, white papers, blogs and case studies detailing outcomes delivered. Their leaders are also widely sought out for their views and are regularly quoted in the media on the state of the market and emerging trends in the space.
- As part of many of their engagements it has been able to develop IoT-related products and new IP, especially in the healthcare space, that is furthering the adoption of IoT amongst enterprises.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.