Fujitsu recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor for Internet of Things Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Fujitsu has been providing M2M- and RFID-based solutions for many years and has good understanding of IT and OT. Today, its portfolio of IoT offerings provides end-to-end solutions, including edge technologies, infrastructure and managed services.
- It offers a Future Cloud IoT platform as well as industry-specific solutions (COLMINA for manufacturing, SMAVIA for retail, etc.). Its UBIQUITOUSWARE IoT package enables data acquisition from a wide variety of sensors and supports not only its proprietary platform but other platforms as well.
- Its IoT platform, in particular, is focused on accelerating and simplifying every stage of solution delivery, from sensors and analytics to management. It is scalable and flexible to cater to clients’ demands.
- It has strengthened its partnerships with Cisco, Microsoft, and Intel with a new specific focus on IoT. For instance, its expanded partnership with Microsoft focuses on IoT in manufacturing.
Investments and Innovation
- In addition to its investments in a wide range of IP-based solutions and platforms, Fujitsu is planning to provide a development environment for start-ups and other companies to develop services on its proprietary platforms like COLMINA.
- It has significantly invested in research and development for emerging technologies, including IoT, in the past years. In 2017, it also announced a 5-year investment of over EUR 50M to support digital innovation in France with IoT being a key component.
- The Fujitsu Digital Transformation Center (DTC) is a co-creation workshop space for engineers, designers, experts and consultants to innovate, solve various issues related to work style innovation, IoT utilization, and business creation.
- It has good body of IoT-specific content in the form of white papers, points-of-view, blogs and surveys. The annual Fujitsu World Tour enables the company to showcase its most innovative technology and customer success stories in countries around the globe. It is also an opportunity to open new possibilities for business and society through digital transformation.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.