NTT recognized as an Innovator in Avasant’s Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as an Innovator for Internet of Things Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- With its digital IoT services, NTT focuses on 3 things for its clients: gateway integration, platform development for IoT applications and lifecycle management.
- It also provides advisory through a service layer framework with 5 key elements that identify client’s IoT readiness and help define the services and technology-agnostic solutions that they require.
- Initially, healthcare and insurance were its key industries for IoT services. In the last few years, it has increased its focus on manufacturing, public sector, high tech, and utilities and resources. It is also targeting the retail and logistics industries.
- Its successful creation of analytical frameworks strengthens its portfolio. One of its offerings is ANYSENSE, which is an in-house IoT platform service that collects and distributes data and enables IoT technology centered on social infrastructure.
Investments and Innovation
- NTT has an aggressive goal of achieving the “Top 5” status in key digital technologies by 2025. To target this, it has planned significant investments in digital business areas, including IoT and emergent innovations. Its major investment areas under IoT is in realizing a connected car and a smart mobility society.
- Its USD 3.1B acquisition of Dell Services in 2016 has expanded and strengthened its service portfolio across digital capabilities.
- Focused on technology innovation, NTT has been hosting the International Innovation Contest since 2014, which enables startups from around the world to submit business ideas for specific technological and societal challenges. This competition offers contestants access and exposure to NTT’s R&D leaders.
- It is also sharing its thought leadership content in terms of points-of-view, blog posts and white papers in this space. In addition, it has been participating as well as sponsoring business technology events such as the June 2018 SAP Sapphire NOW held in Florida.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.