UST Global recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Challenger for Internet of Things Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- UST’s IoT strategy primarily focuses on retail, automotive, manufacturing and healthcare industries. Its main focus is on delivering the required technology solutions to its clients with speed and high quality through rapid prototyping.
- UST has a very deep partnership ecosystem with various companies (including Bosch, Microsoft and PTC) across devices, sensors, platforms and applications. In the next 12 months, it plans to spend a tenth of its investment budget on leveraging the partner ecosystem.
- It is also partnering with IoT companies to expand its market in certain locations. For example, in order to expand its presence in connected car market in Europe and Latin America, it partnered with Net4Things in Feb 2018.
- UST also focuses on the security aspect of IoT. It has a tool specifically to help businesses operate safely and securely by combining data analytics with the latest in cyber security and technology innovation.
Investments and Innovation
- UST acquires talents from Industrial Training Institute and Polytechnics, then offers them garage culture to sharpen the skills necessary for technological development. It offers internships to leverage talent among fresh graduates via real-time industrial projects.
- In the next 12 months, UST is investing in startups to gain access to their product/technology and to help them access newer customers. It also plans to direct around 40% of its planned investment in developing IoT-specific assets, tools and platforms.
- UST has various tie-ups with international universities such as University of Cambridge, Stanford Artificial Intelligence Laboratory – Stanford University, Indian Institute of Technology, etc. for technology innovations and human capital development.
- It also supports the Malaysian Industry-Government Group for High Technology (MIGHT) by providing digital insights that focus on and leverage multi-disciplinary synergies from both industry and government.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.