Wipro recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Internet of Things Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
“Strategic focus on IoT. End-to-end capabilities and wide client base. Proprietary platform in conjunction with a robust partner ecosystem.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Wipro started focusing on IoT fairly early by taking a holistic end-to-end approach for IoT implementation (IT/OT, strategy and consulting to design, sensors, gateways, connectivity, platforms, analytics, AI/ML) to enable digital transformation for its clients.
- It has taken both in-house and vendor-agnostic platform approaches by taking its proprietary IoT platforms such as Looking Glass and its AI suite HOLMES and combining them with partner technology to its clients. In addition, it has considerable IP/Assets, making its portfolio of offerings stronger.
- It plays to its strengths in verticals such as heavy industry and energy by bringing extensive and global industry experience to enable business transformation for its clients in manufacturing, mining, automotive, energy and utilities, healthcare and retail.
- Its AI platform HOLMES adds a significant capability to its IoT engagements by providing algorithmic intelligence and cognitive computing. Similarly, its asset management platform Looking Glass complements its capabilities on pre-existing IoT systems or platforms such as ThingWorx and Predix.
Investments and Innovation
- To accelerate its R&D, it launched IIoT CoE Thinkspace Studio with its long-standing partner PTC in early 2018. Additionally, it leverages the start-up ecosystem and inorganic route to bolster its IoT capabilities. Recently, it took over Australian design agency Syfte to expand its digital business.
- It is specifically interested in investing in intersections of technologies like blockchain, ML, AI and 3D printing because it believes that IoT infrastructure, platforms, and services can be enhanced through the application of these technologies.
- Through memberships with associations such as Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) and Platform Industrie 4.0, it has developed and featured various solution testbeds for showcasing its capabilities. It is also a founding partner of World Economic Forum Center’s IoT and Connected devices project.
- It is a regular publisher of thought leadership papers addressing IoT related industry issues. Hosts its own industrial IoT events and also sponsors and participates in industry events like IoT Solutions World Congress. It is also enables start-ups through the Wipro Open Innovation initiative.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.