NTT recognized as an Innovator in Avasant’s SD-WAN Managed Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as an Innovator for SD-WAN Managed Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- NTT launched its SD-WAN practice in 2017 utilizing its USD 525M acquisition of Virtela in 2014. As a result, NTT integrated Virtela’s SDN and NFV capabilities into its own platform and offered a new SD-WAN service under NTT SDx+M (software-defined everything plus management) umbrella of services.
- Its sizeable SD-WAN portfolio leverages mCPE and SD-WAN capabilities from ten of the leading global vendors, covering more than 190 countries. NTT’s SD-WAN platform is distributed worldwide through 75+ local cloud centers in close proximity to customer branch offices.
- In 2017, NTT Communications ICT Solutions, a subsidiary of NTT Communications, launched an SD-WAN offering in Australia to help enterprises with intelligent traffic routing and efficient cloud-based application executions.
- NTT’s acquisition of Dimension Data and other sister companies has significantly bolstered its capabilities around SD-WAN managed services, hybrid network, digital infrastructure, cybersecurity, and managed network & security services. This enables NTT to deliver end-to-end network transformation services.
- NTT has a robust partner ecosystem to offer flexibility to enterprises based on their existing engagements and preferences. Its partner ecosystem includes SD-WAN technology providers (Cisco, Silver Peak, Nuage Networks, Riverbed, Versa Networks), cloud providers (AWS, Azure) and 1,000+ local ISPs. It has long-standing partnership with Cisco (Gold Certified Partner) where it has certified 150 + resources with CCIE certified resources.
- It has jointly developed a unified communication (UC) solution in collaboration with Arkadin, a provider of cloud communication services, to enhance business collaboration for European customers and provide single point of ownership for both network proposition and UCaaS.
Investments and Innovation
- NTT has been investing in developing its SD-WAN capabilities through inorganic means. A prime example is the acquisition of Virtela, although it took NTT a significant time to leverage Virtela’s capability and launch its own SD-WAN platform.
- NTT Innovation Institute Inc. (NTT i³) has collaborated with Intel Corporation and Internet Solution, a pan-African telecom provider, to deliver CloudWAN solutions globally. By integraiting NTT i3’s CloudWAN controller with Intel next-generation chips, the solution will provided enterprises with agile deployment and management of complex networks.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.