Tech Mahindra recognized as an Innovator in Avasant’s SD-WAN Managed Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as an Innovator for SD-WAN Managed Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
“Strong IP-led approach with diverse partner ecosystem. Developed SDN-enabled connected solutions with historical inorganic investments”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Tech Mahindra offers SDN/NFV services through its ‘Communication business’ unit, which contributes around 40% of its overall revenue. Under this, it offers comprehensive SDN managed services portfolio ranging from consulting, design to implementation services. These services are well complemented by innovative engagement models, including co-innovation with customers & partners
- Apart from addressing the increasing network demands, it is developing smart solutions for scalable Internet of Things (IoT) infrastructure. For instance, it has launched a SDN/NFV-based smart city solution that offers vendor-neutral system integration capabilities and scalable managed services.
- Its Virtual Network Function (VNF)-Xchange, a vendor neutral platform for VNF design and performance launched in 2016, has gained significant traction among its client base. The Xchange enables service providers and enterprises to choose templates, perform end-to-end solution validation, and innovative business models with a wide choice of ecosystem partners.
- Tech Mahindra has a extensive partner ecosystem of leading SDN/NFV vendors and telecom providers such as Versa Networks, Cisco, AT&T (FlexWare reseller partner) VMware, Intel and many others. As part of VNF-Xchange, it has developed deep partnerships with leading technology providers including Brocade, Cellos Software, Metaswitch Networks, NetNumber, Redhat, RIFT.io, etc.
- As part of TM Forum Zoom “Catalyst” project, it has partnered with IBM to develop a solution that offers seamless integration between the OSS and a multi-vendor NFV layer. This enables interoperability and VNF certification testing as well as SDN/NFV network transformation services.
Investments and Innovation
- Tech Mahindra leverages historical inorganic investments to strengthen networking services capabilities. For instance, it acquired Lightbridge Communications Corporation (LCC), a global provider of network engineering services, in 2014 for USD 240M to add 20-30 customers, gain access to more than 350,000 cell sites, and boost presence across US market.
- It has established a SDN-NFV Center of Excellence (CoE), under which it supports proof-of-concept (PoC) development, customer/vendor product testing, and cross-skilling of resources through sponsored certification programs and external training.
2019 Digital Masters RadarView™ Report
2019 Cybersecurity RadarView™ Report
2019 Applied AI and Advanced Analytics RadarView™ Report
2019 Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Intelligent Automation Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
Tech Mahindra’s SD-WAN Managed Services Practice
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.