Verizon recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s SD-WAN Managed Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for SD-WAN Managed Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Verizon is one of the pioneers in the communication services industry, with a strong internet backbone and networking services portfolio. It has well-established managed services client base where it manages more than 5,000+ network endpoints and 400,000+ managed devices in more than 150 countries. Its extensive network is supported by 1,300+ certified resources, including over 500+ Cisco certifications.
- On the SD-WAN front, it has taken a multi-vendor SD-WAN approach, where it offers managed SD-WAN solution via partnerships with Cisco-Viptela and Versa Networks with 300 experts across 150 countries.
- It offers a comprehensive range of managed services utilizing SD-WAN appliances, hosted network services, vCPE-based device, and SD-WAN based cloud access on Amazon.
- Verizon has demonstrated ability to do large-scale implementations in environments with varied complexity. Its SD-WAN client base is well-distributed among industry verticals, with 95% of the Fortune 500 companies as its clients and the enterprise solutions accounting for 30% to its overall revenue.
- Verizon works closely with nearly all key core SD-WAN providers and has developed a certified workforce across their managed services. It has strategic alliances with Cisco, Juniper Networks, Riverbed technology, SevOne, and Versa Networks to develop progressive industry use cases.
- As part of the Versa alliance, it has co-developed an automated solution dubbed “software-defined secure branch”, which integrates SD-WAN, unified threat management, and analytics. Under its 5G/SD-WAN pact with Cisco, its virtual network services will now support 5G devices on Cisco’s SD-WAN platform, thereby making it future-ready.
Investments and Innovation
- Verizon is making significant investments around IP development. For instance, it is adding the SD-Branch service to its virtual network services offering to assist enterprise customers in virtualizing multiple components across branch offices. It has also added new whitebox options to its universal CPE offer.
- It is laser-focused towards network virtualization and 5G-enabled SD-WAN service offerings. It is building its telco cloud and moving ahead with VNS orchestration, Open Source SDA, converged applications, and VNS uCPE 5G entailment across all its networks, both wireline and wireless, in one architecture.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.