CGI recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Airlines and Airports Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2019
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor for Airlines and Airports Digital Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- CGI’s expertise in the airlines and airports industry covers passenger, operational and asset services, and back-office operations.
- Uses emerging technologies such as analytics, sensors, IoT, biometrics, cyber security, automation, cloud, AR and mobility to improve capabilities of its solutions. Some examples would be Navici®, an intelligent real-time multimodal journey planner for passengers; and mobile workforce solutions with AR technology for workforce and asset management.
- Its industry solutions have experience high adoption in multiple airlines and airports globally. For instance, Pro Logistica, a mobile-based retail solution is used in 30 airlines.
- It leverages domain expertise to develop solutions such as its airport operations database – GO. It is developed in collaboration with airport operations experts and is customizable and can be integrated with any airport infrastructure.
Investments and Innovation
- CGI has a history of developing innovative solutions for the industry. It provided the first biometric iris recognition border control solution in Europe for the Privium service at Schiphol Airport in 2001. It has also been the only global system integrator to have its own airport operations database solution.
- It promotes innovation through its ICE (Innovation, Creativity and Experimentation) program. CGI’s in-flight retail solution, Pro-Logistica, is an outcome of ICE program
- In its vision for the future of aviation, CGI plans to develop a sensor-based tool that can access the fatigue and personalized ability of pilots against the average of other pilots to assess their form and accordingly plan their work schedule.
Partnership and Ecosystem
- CGI has created its airport management solution – GO in collaboration with ANA, the Portuguese airport group.
- It has partnership with technology companies to augment its solution delivery capabilities. For instance, it leverages its partnership with Microsoft to deliver cloud-based solutions to European airlines.
- It also has partnerships with industry product companies such as Amadeus and PROS to expand its portfolio of services. It leverages its partnership with Amadeus to deliver system integration services and solutions for CRM and business intelligence.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.