NIIT Technologies recognized as an Innovator in Avasant’s Airlines and Airports Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2019
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as an Innovator for Airlines and Airports Digital Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- NIIT Tech considers Travel and Transportation, which includes its airlines and airports segment, as a key business priority. Post its organizational restructuring in 2018, the sector has been identified as 1 of 3 verticals driving future growth.
- Has vast industry experience spanning 20 years of demonstrating its expertise in serving airlines and airports clients with offerings across back office support, sales and services, loyalty and cargo and operations. Also, brings competency in PSS-related work and commercial (COTS) product implementation for airline clients.
- Develops assets and domain-specific quick-to-deploy solutions catering to specific client needs. Its passenger revenue accounting solution Monalisa helps airlines in reducing revenue loss; its in-flight catering management solution QOSMOS automates catering services; and COSYS automates ground-handling processes.
- Builds on existing strength in BPM services with emphasis on process automation and transformation through integration of digital technologies.
Investments and Innovation
- Builds digital capabilities complementary to its offerings through strategic acquisitions. Acquired Incessant in 2015 to ramp up automation skills and in 2019, acquired Whishworks IT Consulting which specializes in Mulesoft and Big data technologies to deliver insights for clients.
- Emphasizes on innovation with a digital factory dedicated for airlines and focused on digital experience and analytics. It also has a Global Digital Innovation Center in Bangalore, equipped with IOT labs and digitally-enabled training rooms.
- Demonstrates strong thought leadership through insights and publications on leveraging digital technologies to transform traveler experience, ancillary revenues and cargo management.
Partnership and Ecosystem
- NIIT has focused partnerships with technology companies to develop new solutions. For instance, it has partnered with R3 to launch Chain-m, a blockchain application enabling airlines and airports to reconcile transactions.
- It also developed partnerships for augmenting delivery of its solutions and addressing new emerging client requirements. It has global collaboration with Microsoft to accelerate cloud transformation of its clients.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.