Sutherland recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Airlines and Airports Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2019
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Challenger for Airlines and Airports Digital Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
“Sutherland focuses on strengthening its back-office operations through investments in new technologies and establishing new delivery centers.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Provides business process services focused on front, middle and back office operations, enabled through embedded IT and automation. Its portfolio of services includes reservations, loyalty program management, IROPS, revenue accounting/recovery, and tax reconciliation and reporting.
- Has a distinct and focused digital strategy for enhancing its service offerings. For the front office, it uses conversational AI, cognitive capabilities and ML to augment capabilities and deliver enhanced customer experience. For mid and back-office, it uses automation, cloud-based platforms and analytics.
- Its proprietary solution, TiTAN, is focused on mid and back-office operations and uses mobility, APIs and automation. The solution provides cost and revenue analytics to track per seat route market revenue. It has already been deployed in the flag carrier of Panama, an Indian low-cost airline, and the national airline of Oman.
Investments and Innovation
- Focused on innovation with innovation labs for driving design thinking principles to develop customer-centric solutions. Its lab team comprises a mix of non-technical members such as anthropologist and story tellers. Leveraged its lab team to automate communication platform for the flag carrier airline of India to active IVR and proactive communication to passengers in case of disruption. Also, delivered a POC using NLP where Alexa-based skill is developed for a Middle Eastern airline.
- Plans to invest in emerging technologies such as blockchain for accounting, settlement and loyalty solutions. Also, plans to introduce solutions around IoT for tracking purpose and digital voice service using Alexa/Siri.
Partnership and Ecosystem
- Established partnerships with leading industry technology providers such as SITA for developing a tool to help extract PNR information in case of flight disruption. The tool was developed through its’s lab team and is integrated with SITA’s platform.
- Strategic partner of IATA with an internal team of fare-expert professionals who are IATA certified. With NDC being introduced by IATA, Sutherland views order management to come to the forefront which brings in order and distribution capabilities.
Sutherland’s Airlines and Airports Practice
2019 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
2019 SD-WAN Managed Services RadarView Report
2019 Digital Masters RadarView™ Report
2019 Cybersecurity RadarView™ Report
2019 Applied AI and Advanced Analytics RadarView™ Report
2019 Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Intelligent Automation Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.