Alert Logic recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Cybersecurity Services RadarView™ Report 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor for Cybersecurity Services 2020.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Alert Logic specializes in Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)-based security solutions and machine learning (ML) automation to small-to-medium enterprises as well as cloud-native businesses. It acts as an additional layer of defense that can be deployed alongside existing anti-virus detection and endpoint security tools.
- Its marquee solution is SIEMless Threat Management that helps address threats and compliance risks 24x7x365 across environments.
- To broaden its attack surface coverage, Alert Logic augmented its portfolio to include extended endpoint security, a new capability for anti-virus integration, user behavior anomaly detection for AWS environments, additional multi-cloud functionality, and dark web scanning. The extended endpoint security leverages ML and behavior analytics to assess Windows and Mac client endpoint attacks, including “zero-day” threats.
- It enhanced its threat detection and response capabilities by integrating AWS IAM Access Analyzer, and helps improve the security posture in cloud environments.
- In 2019, Alert Logic expanded its Partner Connect Program to 100 unique new partners. Through this program, it enhances the existing security offerings of the partners across cloud, on-premises or hybrid environments. For instance, it partnered with AVANT Communications, a master agent, that enabled AVANT’s network of advisors to resell the Alert Logic SIEMless Threat Management offering. This expanded its reach through the agent channel community.
- It partnered with Rackspace to improve the security posture of the AWS environment for the SMB and mid-market organizations that struggle with the huge skill-gap.
Investments and Innovation
- To drive growth and focus, Alert Logic underwent leadership change and made a series of new appointments, including a new CEO, in early 2018. It strengthened its executive team by appointing new CFO and CMO and has invested heavily in marketing efforts and re-branding. This also included the appointment of 2 new product and engineering leaders to accelerate customer-driven innovation.
- It strengthened its sales organization by appointing new global sales and a separate North America head. It also hired for various positions in its sales division.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.