Symantec recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Cybersecurity Services RadarView™ Report 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Cybersecurity Services 2020.Read the Avasant report
“Focus on cloud and endpoint security solutions. Enters into partnerships to solve specific use cases including nonprofits and mobile workforce.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Symantec underwent series of change of hands in the last 12 months. In August 2019, Broadcom acquired Symantec’s enterprise security business which accounted for around 50% of Symantec’s revenue. In January 2020, Accenture acquired Symantec’s cybersecurity services business from Broadcom, including major MSSP capabilities which provided access to 6 SOCs and threat monitoring services.
- Last year, it enhanced its endpoint portfolio by bringing protection, detection, and response all in a single solution: Symantec Endpoint Security (SES). It can be deployed and managed across environments, whether cloud, on-premises, or a hybrid, for all operating systems, including mobile devices.
- As more enterprises transition to cloud, the traditional network perimeter is getting dissolved. To address this trend, it is expanding its cloud security portfolio, which includes integration of Luminate Security and the introduction of CloudSOC Mirror Gateway for CASB controls.
- It also enhanced its network security portfolio by introducing a cloud access security solution that helps secure cloud and internet access in an enterprise environment.
- Symantec has partnered with more than 120 companies, including major players such as AWS, IBM Security, Microsoft, Oracle and ServiceNow.
- It partnered with Anomali to offer threat intelligence-driven solutions to enable enterprises to gain an understanding of the threats.
- It is reaching out to nonprofit organizations through its partnership with TechSoup to secure their networks and devices. Over the years, it has expanded this program to over 200 countries and territories.
- As the BYOD trend rises, it partnered with SyncDog to protect managed and unmanaged devices used by the mobile workforce. It integrated the Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) product with SyncDog’s Secure Systems platform to secure sensitive data on devices.
Investments and Innovation
- Symantec continues to invest in its cloud security solutions. It collaborated with AWS to automate threat detection and misconfigurations in AWS workloads and storage, thus enhancing threat intelligence.
- Earlier in 2019, it acquired start-up Luminate Security to augment its own cloud security solution. It helped to secure access to workloads and applications deployed in multi-cloud environments, thus accelerating an organization’s transition to the cloud.
- It also enhanced its endpoint security offering and introduced new products built upon the acquisition of Javelin Networks and Appthority in November 2018. These acquisitions helped expand beyond providing legacy firewalls to endpoint security.
SYMANTEC CYBERSECURITY SERVICES PRACTICE
2019-2020 UTILITIES DIGITAL SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019-2020 INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019-2020 HEALTHCARE DIGITAL SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019-2020 AIRLINES AND AIRPORTS DIGITAL SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 BLOCKCHAIN SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 SD-WAN MANAGED SERVICES RADARVIEW REPORT
2019 DIGITAL MASTERS RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 CYBERSECURITY RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 APPLIED AI AND ADVANCED ANALYTICS RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 INTERNET OF THINGS SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 HYBRID ENTERPRISE CLOUD SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 BLOCKCHAIN SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.