T-Systems recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Cybersecurity Services RadarView™ Report 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Challenger for Cybersecurity Services 2020.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- T-Systems has been undergoing restructuring over the last year and plans to carve out 2 independent businesses: one focusing on security and the other on the IoT. This will help derive the required focus and agility and open new opportunities.
- It offers a comprehensive suite of managed security and governance solutions covering entire cybersecurity lifecycle support. Its cybersecurity services are closely integrated with its portfolio of cloud, IoT, connectivity and SAP services. It also has proprietary technology for IoT and machine-to-machine communication, NarrowBand IoT, that helps manage IoT-related security issues.
- It plans to triple its team size in India over the next 3 years, from 1,500 to around 5,000 people. In this regard, it has set up a new facility in Pune, India, which would also serve as its innovation hub with a focus on skilling workforce in the cloud, data analytics, and mobile apps.
- In strategic partnership with Software AG, T-Systems expanded its Cloud of Things by leveraging the Cumulocity IoT platform. Thus, it enables customers to remotely monitor and manage their connected devices with improved security and efficiency.
- T-Systems works with all the major security solution vendors, including Cisco, Checkpoint, Symantec, Microsoft, McAfee, IBM, Zscaler and Zimperium.
- In partnership with Acceleris, developed a managed IT infrastructure with Splunk as an application. This enables a customer to gain real-time insights into IT and business-related data.
- It has formed the “Sharing is for Caring” coalition, in which it intends to bring together security and incident response teams globally to improve threat intelligence sharing. This coalition includes FIRST.org, Cyber Security Sharing & Analytics (CSSA), and Trusted Introducer.
Investments and Innovation
- To address the growing demand for security experts in the Dutch market, in September 2019, T-Systems set up a cybersecurity team in the Netherlands, which provides support to large enterprises, from strategy to implementation, with a focus on security-related to IoT/OT, cloud, regular IT services.
- It opened it’s 17th integrated Cyber Defense and SOC in Singapore. T-Systems now has SOCs in 13 countries.
- T-Systems has previously set up the ICT Academy in South Africa to address the ICT skills gap in the region. Last year, it organized a Digital Awareness Holiday Program where it invited participants from 50 education institutes for a free, 3-day course focused on security.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.