Telefonica recognized as an Innovator in Avasant’s Cybersecurity Services RadarView™ Report 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as an Innovator for Cybersecurity Services 2020.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Telefonica is undergoing major restructuring, with plans to spin off its units in Central and South America to up investments in 4 core markets: Spain, the UK, Germany, and Brazil. Part of the plan is to form specific technology (Telefonica Tech) and infrastructure (Telefonica Infra) business units to drive focus on 3 growth areas: cybersecurity, IoT/big data, and cloud.
- It has introduced the IoT Cybersecurity Unit to drive focus on the security of the connected devices. Through these initiatives, ElevenPaths, Telefonica Group’s global security unit, extended its partnership with Subex beyond Fraud Management as-a-service solution (FMaaS) to analyzing IoT traffic on networks and detecting threats. In addition, it brought in some of its MSS capabilities, including Sandas for the management of GRC and CyberThreats for early detection and identification.
- It strengthened its email monitoring and protection services by utilizing Proofpoint technology, which complies with security and privacy regulations.
- To drive focus onto the SME segment, it extended its Faast vulnerability assessment service (pen test) to small businesses.
- Telefonica and ElevenPaths are collaborating with various technology partners to expand its geographical reach into new regions and augment its security portfolio.
- ElevenPaths entered into a strategic GTM partnership with Balbix to deliver AI-based cybersecurity services to its customers across Europe and Latin America. Separately, it partnered with CrowdStrike to offer cloud-delivered endpoint protection CrowdStrike Falcon® to its customers worldwide. Whereas, Telefonica UK (O2) entered into an agreement with Sophos to offer Sophos products and services to its customers in the UK.
- Telefonica has previously collaborated with Rivetz to develop mobile security protocols for blockchain transactions and messaging.
Investments and Innovation
- ElevenPaths continuously invests in R&D and accounts for 10% of the group’s patents.
- Assessing the market demand, it extended the services of ElevenPaths in Brazil and expanded its focus beyond medium and large companies to small-size companies. In this regard, it has been applying automation and made its portfolio price competitive to make it accessible to small companies.
- ElevenPaths also made Vivo, the B2B segment of Telefonica Brazil, part of important threat intelligence alliances including Cyber Threat Alliance and Telco Security Alliance. This will help bring Vivo at the forefront of other telecom providers to exchange knowledge and threat intelligence basis the visibility gained through their respective network traffic. As part of the plan, it will also connect the Vivo’s SOC to its global network of 10 SOCs.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.