Verizon recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Cybersecurity Services RadarView™ Report 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor for Cybersecurity Services 2020.Read the Avasant report
“Augments security portfolio with AI and ML. Its VTRAC investigates breaches and strengthens clients’ cyber defense posture.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Verizon is tweaking its revenue mix towards relatively new growth areas that include security, cloud, and professional services.
- It continues to augment its managed security services portfolio, and last year added AI and ML capabilities by using BlackBerry’s Cylance antivirus security solutions. It also leverages Cylance’s endpoint security intelligence in its assessment framework that helps organizations build a security roadmap by identifying the security gaps and prioritizing improvement areas.
- The Verizon Threat Advisory Center (VTRAC) team assists customers with digital forensics, breach investigations, incident response, and threat intelligence. The team is the payment card industry-approved Qualified Forensics Investigator (QFI) and Qualified Incident Response Assessor (QIRA). Hence, it doesn’t limit itself to investigating breaches but assess and helps strengthen the cyber defense posture of an organization.
- It improved its ability to detect and respond capabilities by acquiring ProtectWise, a cloud-based network security firm. This will also help expand its 5G customer base by providing enhanced network security.
- Verizon partnered with Onapsis, a business application cyber resilience provider, to tap into the SAP and Oracle application users and enable them in their digital transformation initiatives.
- Other than Cisco, Verizon also partnered with Check Point to address opportunities in SD-WAN security.
- It joined the Cyber Threat Alliance (CTA), a non-profit organization, to improve the cybersecurity of the global digital ecosystem by timely exchange of threat intelligence within the group of 26 member companies.
Investments and Innovation
- For talent development, Verizon rolled out a self-paced online course designed for the individual’s role. It is also a part of a group of 15 companies, including Apple, Facebook, Google, IBM, the Cyber Threat Alliance and Symantec among others, to jointly address the cybersecurity skills gap.
- Verizon publishes an annual report, Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR), that provides perspectives on the human element, conduit devices, configuration exploitation, and malicious software. It also publishes segment-specific reports such as the Payment Security Report (PSR), which provides insights on payment card security trends.
VERIZON’S CYBERSECURITY SERVICES PRACTICE
2019-2020 UTILITIES DIGITAL SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019-2020 INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019-2020 HEALTHCARE DIGITAL SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019-2020 AIRLINES AND AIRPORTS DIGITAL SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 BLOCKCHAIN SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 SD-WAN MANAGED SERVICES RADARVIEW REPORT
2019 DIGITAL MASTERS RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 CYBERSECURITY RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 APPLIED AI AND ADVANCED ANALYTICS RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 INTERNET OF THINGS SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 HYBRID ENTERPRISE CLOUD SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 BLOCKCHAIN SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.