Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Industry-agnostic solution portfolio. Expanding network of SOCs. Enhances capabilities through acquisitions.”
- CGI offers broad portfolio of cybersecurity services to organizations across industries, with specialized solution for each industry. Within the insurance industry, organizations are partnering with CGI to manage cyber risks of their policy holders.
- It offers a broad range of cybersecurity products and services, including Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM), to the federal agencies. For its impressive delivery track record, in 2018, CGI was awarded a contract to deliver CDM services to 7 federal agencies.
- It has 3 accredited security certification facilities: Canada, the US and the UK. Additionally, it has 10 SOCs, which handle more than 550M cyber events per month and continuously identify and deploy solutions to maintain infrastructures.
- In 2017, CGI opened a new SOC facility in Germany with big data capabilities. This new SOC is part of its expanding network of SOCs around the world to help keep its cybersecurity experts on top of acute threat situations.
- In 2018, CGI and GE partnered to develop and implement opportunities for electric grid software in North America. This includes real-time grid operations and controls, critical infrastructure and cybersecurity.
- Also in 2018, CGI Sweden entered into a strategic partnership with Advenica to provide a comprehensive cybersecurity solution to the Swedish market.
Investments and Innovation
- In March 2019, it acquired Swedish strategy and technology consulting firm Acando. The firm provides multiple services which includes cybersecurity. The deal will significantly strengthen CGI’s Northern Europe and Germany operations.
- In 2018, it acquired CKC, a German provider of agile software development and technology consultancy services mainly in the automotive sector. CKC offers wide range of digital consulting and software services, including IT information security and testing. Through this deal, around 300 professionals joined CGI in the northern part of Germany.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.