Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Leverage partner network to enhance practice. Extensive collaboration with academia to develop security specific skills.”
- To accelerate its focus towards emerging areas such as cloud, data analytics and cybersecurity, in Feb 2019 it hired a new CEO, Brian Humphries, from outside which is first time in the company’s history.
- Cognizant offers its portfolio of cybersecurity services as part of their digital offerings. It provides holistic services from advisory to implementation of cyber-related strategies and frameworks. It understands that enterprises require more than just being alerted about threats. Therefore, it provides a contextual perspective and the impact on the business operations.
- In collaboration with CyberArk, it developed a security-specific innovative solution known as Privileged Access Management-as-a-Service (PAMaaS), which provides enhanced protection against unauthorized privileged account access and any attempts of fraud, and reduces the operational overhead of IT security teams.
- In collaboration with Carnegie Mellon University’s CyLab, it sponsors the annual online hacking competitions. This equips future talent with cybersecurity skills and increases the uptake of cybersecurity-related courses offered in universities. Further, to prepare today’s workforce for tomorrow’s challenges, it enables existing resources to upskill on advanced aspects of cybersecurity through the SkillSET self-paced training platform.
Investments and Innovation
- Cognizant, in alliance with Per Scholas, set up a fully equipped training center in South Bronx to provide New Yorkers with 8 to10-week courses in digital and emerging technologies. It has committed to hiring graduates from this program and provide necessary career support and guidance.
- With focus on cloud, cybersecurity and analytics consulting, and aim to reduce dependency on traditional IT services, Cognizant acquired Softvision in 2018, a digital product design and engineering company.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.