Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Innovative frameworks. Focus on use of AI in its MSS. Developing & acquiring products & IPs as a part of Mode-3 strategy to strengthen ‘as-a-service’ play”
- HCL provides a broad range of security services with multiple security frameworks (SecIntAl, SAFE, etc.) to provide comprehensive threat detection and prevention coverage. It has a global presence via its Cyber Security Fusion Centers in many geographical regions.
- Its pricing models include Pricing Differentiation for Standard Managed Detection and Response (MDR) services and Advanced MDR services wherein customers are charged based on data volume ingested and the Per Device/Per User Pricing based on the number of devices/users.
- It transformed its SOCs across the globe into Cyber Security Fusion Centers with advanced analytics, multiple SIEM platforms and predictive capabilities. Currently being developed is the Appscan roadmap, which HCL will integrate into its MSS portfolio.
- It is also working with its IoTWoRKS lab to develop security solutions for IoT clients, as well as a security solution using blockchain. The planned new service offerings will be around Security Monitoring for IoT Security, Cybersecurity Range for Cyber-Attack Simulation, and the use of AI in its MSS.
- Its strong partnership ecosystem includes some of the leading technology firms such as IBM, Cisco, Symantec, RSA, McAfee, Microsoft and many more. For developing talent, it has partnered with the Data Security Council of India and Shiv Nadar University.
- It has tactical partnerships with IRONSCALES and Terranova, where it works on building its new catalog and designs for special GTM. As the part of Mode 3 strategy, it has extended its IP partnership with IBM in the areas of Application Security, Data Security and many more.
Investments and Innovation
- Over the years, it has invested heavily on building a multi-SIEM and advanced analytics-based threat detection platform, helping customers to forego investment in multiple solutions. Going forward, it has plans to continue investing in existing strategic partnerships and extending newer partnerships with disruptive start-ups and niche players for which it has planned high investments.
- The focus on development & acquisition of Products & IPs based on Mode-3 strategy has tremendous potential for creating “as-a-service” offerings. It will be using these software assets to bring comprehensive Managed Application Security Service to the market.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.