T-Systems recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Cybersecurity Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Challenger for Cybersecurity Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
“Strong player in the German market and expanding to other parts of Europe. Partnership-led security approach.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Deutsche Telekom, the parent company of T-Systems, consolidated all its security resources and established a new unit called Telekom Security in January 2017. It operates as an independent business unit of T-Systems. At its inception, it has 1,200 security experts, but has since grown to over 1,500.
- Telekom Security has already become a strong player in the German market and is now expanding to other European markets. It has a wide client base from the auto manufacturing, mechanical engineering, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, energy and ﬁnance sectors.
- T-Systems has taken an innovative approach in developing its capabilities around security. This includes significant penetration and stress testing of Deutsche Telekom’s networks and customers. The learnings from these are then used by Telekom Security to enhance its customer offerings.
- It also has multiple academic and technical partnerships to incorporate emerging technologies such as AI/ML in its solutions. FASAS, a partnership between Telekom Security, Ben-Gurion University in Israel, and T-Labs, is working on developing mechanisms to detect cyber attacks early and to trigger automated protection measures.
- Partnerships are central to Telekom Security’s approach for service development as well as go-to-market. It currently has over 50 partners to address the full range of attack vectors. Key partners include Checkpoint (for business and customer security solutions under the APT Protect Pro cloud solution) and Telekom Deutschland and Cosmote (for the Protect Mobile service).
- It also works with research institutes, standardization bodies, public institutions, and other online service providers to fight cyber crime and increase internet security. It collaborates with the German Federal Office and the European Union Agency for Network and Information Security.
Investments and Innovation
- T-Systems, through Telekom Security, has been developing thought leadership in cutting-edge solutions within the security space. It has a number of best practices white papers covering Advanced Persistent Threats, drones, industrial systems, etc.
- T-Systems already has a backbone of SOCs in Germany, Hungary, Slovakia and South Africa. It is developing a new Integrated Cyber Defense and Security Operation Center in Bonn, Germany. It is also using its innovation labs to link threat intelligence with cognitive security technology.
2019 Cybersecurity Services RadarView™ Report
2019 Applied AI and Advanced Analytics RadarView™ Report
2019 Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Intelligent Automation Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
T-Systems’ Cybersecurity Services Practice
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.