Verizon recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Cybersecurity Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor for Cybersecurity Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- As a telecom leader, Verizon has been focused on the network security space for a long time. It has expanded to provide holistic enterprise-specific solutions across its wide customer base that spans multiple industries and sizes, including several federal clients. It has one of the largest IP networks globally, with capability to process approximately 60 billion security events on an annual basis.
- In June 2018, it launched a subscription-based platform in collaboration with Anomali to identify and manage threats. This platform is built on a combination of its cyber threat intelligence data breach investigations (DBIR) and situational awareness from its Threat Research Advisory Center.
- Its Threat Research Advisory Center serves as an enabler to consolidate its portfolio of cybersecurity-related capabilities. Its threat intelligence platform leverages its access to global data traffic and the numerous customer devices under its scope of security. Hence, it is well-positioned to provide actionable real-time security intelligence for enterprises to make well-informed decisions.
- Verizon has multiple cybersecurity-related partnerships: Anomali for the Threat Intelligence Platform Service and FHOOSH™ to enhance the Verizon Software Defined Perimeter (SDP) service. Recently, it partnered with Cisco on SD-WAN technology to develop potential use cases, including the ability to enable an intelligent security perimeter for mobile workers.
- It is also using academic partnerships to upskill its own workforce in terms of cybersecurity. For instance, it has partnered with the University of Dallas for executive cybersecurity courses for its employees.
Investments and Innovation
- Verizon has been fairly active in terms of building its practice through acquisitions. In 2018, it acquired Niddel Corp, a company specializing in security detection and response capabilities through ML-based threat-hunting services.
- In the beginning of 2019, it acquired a North American cloud-oriented network detection and response specialist firm, ProtectWise, Inc., to complement its existing capability of threat assessment and response management. Similarly, it acquired the PrecisionAccess™ solution and corresponding assets from Vidder, Inc. to boost its software-defined portfolio of services.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.