Capgemini recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Digital Masters RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Digital Masters RadarView™ Report 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Capgemini has a strategic focus on digital and cloud and is using its consulting expertise, proprietary assets and frameworks to drive this forward. For instance, its Automation Drive offerings based on its “5 senses of intelligent automation” methodology has seen over 600 customer deployments.
- Its approach is to help clients with not only implementation, but an overall technology strategy across areas such as automation, IoT and blockchain. For instance, Capgemini considers blockchain as part of its DLT practice which, in turn, is part of its consulting practice. The ability to bring in these domain consultants on engagements has helped in establishing its reputation in the nascent blockchain space.
- Capgemini has done several small- to mid-scale acquisitions to enhance its digital and cloud capabilities. For instance, it acquired Adaptive labs to enhance its experience design capabilities that helps clients adjust to new technology and the accompanying shifts in customer behavior. It has stated that this acquisition strategy will continue as it has given good results.
- Capgemini has been looking at the intersection of multiple emerging technologies to enhance its offering for clients. For instance, Capgemini’s Security Operations Center solution brings advanced data analytics capability along with its cybersecurity offering to identify threats early and take appropriate measures. This decreases cost and minimizes disruption to the business.
- It is using its deep expertise in data analytics to augment the existing emerging tech solutions to come up with innovative new offerings. For instance, it offers an Insights-as-a-service (IaaS), which is a hybrid cloud-based enterprise-grade platform built to deliver business insights using domain-specific analytics, AI and BI solutions. A utilities company using this service used the predictive insights on water leakage detection to improve customer satisfaction and enable predictive maintenance.
- Has recently brought together its digital-focused acquisitions such as Idean, LiquidHub, Fahrenheit 212 and merged them with its consulting division. This created a strong team of 6000+ multi-disciplinary employees to ideate and design digital transformation strategy, tangible digital solution prototypes and transformation plans while also leveraging the full expertise of the larger group.
- It is focusing on re-skilling initiatives for its employees, including senior leaders, to ensure their readiness for digital technologies. It has set up an automation academy through which 15000 employees have already been trained and certified.
- It has invested in global innovation labs called Applied Innovation Exchange to showcase prototypes and co-create / co-innovate with clients. For instance, it used its AIE network to work with French electronics retailer Boulanger to develop high-performance kiosks with automation and analytics.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.