Mindtree recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Digital Masters RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Challenger in Avasant’s Digital Masters RadarView™ Report 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Since 2016, Mindtree has identified AI and IA as organizational priorities and have been central to its digital strategy and approach. This has led to increased investment and focus on asset development in these spaces. It has also established CoEs focused on innovation, incubation and operationalization, lending to the development of platforms such as CAPE, RAPID and Decision Moments.
- It has taken a progressive view as it expects services revenue contraction due to the growth of AI tech. Consequently, it has started investing in AI-powered software solutions that can be offered to customers on a subscription basis.
- In addition to AI and IA, it has also started building presence in other emerging technologies. For instance, it is building out a Machine-2-Machine practice under IoT and a hybrid cloud practice. These 2 are fundamental building blocks for the digital transformation of enterprises.
- Given its focus on data and analytics, it has built solutions to support its clients’ digital journeys by using algorithms and models developed by its own team, specific services developed by large platform providers or solutions from its partners. For instance, it implemented an edge analytics solution through a cloud platform for a client to collect data on visitor behavior. This IoT solution delivered insights on visitor traffic to improve effectiveness of its events and promotional activities in real-time.
- It is building and improving IPs and assets which are equipped with converging capabilities of different technologies such as CAPE (RPA and AI) and Flooresense (IoT and Analytics). Its platform Decision Moments, which is cloud-native analytics solution include 30 industry-specific ML algorithms based on deep learning techniques, has seen a large client traction.
- Mindtree aims to increase its revenues from digital services to 50% of its total revenues by 2020. In order to do so, it is focusing on cross-selling and upselling, in addition to leveraging its channel partnership ecosystem.
- It has also instituted a number of AI evangelists to work with clients to help them define and develop AI use cases and solutions. This is a crucial investment as one of the key challenges for enterprises is to identify the correct initial use cases for deriving differentiated business value.
- It continues to make investments and develop partnerships with niche technology providers and academic institutions which focus extensively on R&D related to disruptive technologies. For instance, its USD 2M grant to Stanford University was to establish a faculty chair focused on artificial intelligence.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.