CGI recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report 2019 – 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Challenger for Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services 2019-2020.Read the Avasant report
“Government cloud pioneer with a strong IP portfolio and innovation-led partnerships. Leverages acquisitions to enhance capabilities.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- CGI has federal and government expertise, having served more than 2,000 public sector organizations across the UK, Europe, and North America. It is well-positioned to scale hybrid cloud adoption in government IT modernization.
- It continues to build and converge its existing IP and assets with emerging digital enablers like AI, ML, and blockchain. For instance, it has developed SaaS-based offerings such as CGI Collections360, CGI Advantage and Momentum, and CGI Trade360 with a pedigree of automation in it. It also leverages Unify360, its hybrid cloud management platform, in its offerings.
- It has launched government-certified cloud offerings, including UK’s IL3-certified Government Cloud and the US FedRAMP-certified federal cloud, helping state and local agencies to speed up cloud deployments, optimize spend, and ensure compliance.
- Apart from its government focus, it has significant engagements with energy sector clients where it provides comprehensive hybrid cloud services to around 30 upstream operators, supporting more than 1,000 upstream exploration and production applications, and managing 700+ joint ventures.
- CGI has deep partnerships with select cloud ecosystem participants such as AWS, Azure, Pivotal, Salesforce, and Oracle. It has partnered with Pivotal to implement Pivotal Cloud platform for 75 cloud-native projects.
- It has over 20 years of partnership with Microsoft (Gold partner), through which it offers a comprehensive suite of Azure-led offerings with help of 8,000+ professionals spread across 25+ countries. Recently, it has also become a member of Microsoft’s invitation-only High-Potential (HiPo) Partner Program.
- It has high engagements with Salesforce, where it jointly manages 300+ clients with more than 27,000 users deployed globally. To support this, it leverages a rich acumen of over 400 Salesforce certified professionals through 10 Salesforce centers of excellence worldwide.
Investments & Innovation
- CGI has been fairly active in its organic approach to developing cloud-native capabilities. In 2017, it acquired 2 cloud consulting companies Computer Technology Solutions (Birmingham, Alabama) and eCommerce Systems (Denver, Colorado).
- In July 2019, it has launched ProductWriter, an underwriting and rating engine, in partnership with Polaris. To date, ProductWriter is being used by more than 80 personal and commercial lines insurers and has plans to be released on the Azure platform.
- For human capital quality development, CGI has partnered with NASSCOM’s FutureSkills program, a leading IT skill portal powered by Edcast, to upskill resources in cloud computing, cybersecurity and AI.
CGI’s Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services Practice
2019-2020 Healthcare Digital Services RadarView™ Report
2019-2020 Airlines and Airports Digital Services RadarView™ Report
2019 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
2019 SD-WAN Managed Services RadarView Report
2019 Digital Masters RadarView™ Report
2019 Cybersecurity RadarView™ Report
2019 Applied AI and Advanced Analytics RadarView™ Report
2019 Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Intelligent Automation Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.