NTT recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report 2019 – 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services 2019-2020.Read the Avasant report
“Strong technical capabilities. Developing industry use and investing aggressively in IP development.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- The merger of NTT Communications, NTT DATA, and other sister companies has significantly bolstered NTT’s capabilities in hybrid cloud and multi-cloud managed services. Its customer base is primarily concentrated in the manufacturing, government, and energy sectors. It has a distributed network of 35 cloud data centers across 5 continents.
- It has taken an IP-driven approach and has made strategic investments in developing reusable assets, including the Enterprise Cloud (hybrid cloud management platform), Software-Defined Exchange Service (SD-Exchange) for colocation services, and Altemista cloud platform (a PaaS-based offering for application delivery).
- It is developing verticalized solutions with increased technology convergence. For instance, it has designed use cases in transport (self-driving), manufacturing (factory automation with robots), and healthcare (cancer diagnosis). Also, it is providing future smart city and mobility solutions based on Altemista Cloud.
- It has a wide customer base primarily concentrated in the manufacturing, government, and energy verticals.
- NTT has forged strategic alliances with hyperscale, technology, regional, security and cloud management providers, which spans joint go-to-market, joint solution development, and formation of CoEs.
- With Oracle (Platinum Partner), it certified 2,200+ consultants across 19 specializations. Also, it has developed a cloud-based payments and benefits solution providing enrollment, premium calculation, and claims processing.
- To strengthen its open-source offerings and develop new capabilities, it joined Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) as a Silver Member in August 2019.
Investments & Innovation
- NTT intends to expand the ecosystem of its Nexcenter data centers in Tokyo and Osaka, Japan. As a result, it will directly connect its cloud ecosystem with 3 major Internet exchanges (IX) in Japan to enable clients to access services across NTT partner companies.
- It has been investing in developing hybrid cloud capabilities through inorganic means. Some of its recent acquisitions include FH S.A. (FH), a SAP partner in Brazil (2019), CloudHedge Technologies, which specializes in container platforms (2019), and ISS Consulting, a leading SAP Partner (2019).
- It has significantly invested in expanding coverage outside of Japan. It launched a new cloud platform in Paris, enabling midsized enterprises in France to pursue a hybrid IT and multi-cloud strategy, including a disaster recovery configuration in the Paris region.
NTT’s Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services Practice
2019-2020 Healthcare Digital Services RadarView™ Report
2019-2020 Airlines and Airports Digital Services RadarView™ Report
2019 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
2019 SD-WAN Managed Services RadarView Report
2019 Digital Masters RadarView™ Report
2019 Cybersecurity RadarView™ Report
2019 Applied AI and Advanced Analytics RadarView™ Report
2019 Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Intelligent Automation Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.