Tech Mahindra recognized as an Innovator in Avasant’s Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report 2019 – 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as an Innovator for Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services 2019-2020.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Tech Mahindra started focusing on cloud early and positioned its hybrid cloud services (from advisory, consulting all the way to implementation and governance) as a key offering under its Infrastructure & Managed Services (IMS) portfolio. As a result, it has a strong pool of 4,000+ cloud professionals who have successfully migrated over 6,000 applications and managed 70,000 instances.
- Its accelerated go-to-market strategy is backed by strong in-house or best-of-breed platforms, including its flagship mPAC (multi-cloud management). To offer digital converged experience, the solution has been integrated with an AI-based operations platform called TACTiX and Fixstream Meridia providing a dashboard view of business applications.
- It leverages a vast repertoire (45+) of cloud-based industry-specific solutions, including superannuation (banking), a medical imaging system (healthcare), retail (product recall management using the blockchain), aircraft health monitoring (travel & transportation), etc.
- Its loyal customer base is mainly from manufacturing, telecom, media & entertainment, and energy & utilities. Half of its hybrid cloud services revenue comes from North America, 30% from UK and Europe, and the rest 20% from Asia-Pacific.
- Tech Mahindra has built a heavily engaged partnership network with leading hyperscale providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM), security partners (Cisco, Fortinet), technology leaders (IBM, VMware), and start-ups (Corent, CloudFX). These span around joint GTM, marketing and incubation of solutions.
- It works closely with AWS, where it has trained more than 1,500 AWS associates. It has built multiple industry-focus solutions on AWS, including transportation (aircraft health management system), BFSI (superannuation), healthcare (health monitoring), etc.
- Tech Mahindra has placed big bets on Microsoft Azure and leverages it to develop a robust Blockchain-based aircraft health monitoring platform.
Investments & Innovation
- Over the past 12 months, it has significantly invested in expanding its Makers Lab beyond Germany and the US. It has recently opened 2 new centers in India and 1 in Manchester, UK.
- Tech Mahindra has established a next-generation (4G/5G) software-defined lab called Rakuten Cloud Innovation Laboratory, in partnership with the Rakuten Group. It will leverage the facility to foster cloud innovations, implement CI/CD pipeline and improving customer experience.
- In August 2019, it discontinued its ongoing engagement with Fixstream Networks where it has a 73.78% stake. Post-divestment, it will pass on the stake to US-based Resolve Systems LLC for USD 2M.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.