Unisys recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report 2019 – 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor for Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services 2019-2020.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Cloud and Infrastructure Services (CIS) is one of the largest business units at Unisys, accounting for more than 50% (3Q’19) of total revenues. As part of the CIS portfolio, it offers a range of data centers, infrastructure management, and cloud computing via the as-a-service delivery model.
- It is experiencing double-digit growth in the government and federal sectors. Consequently, it leveraged its flagship CloudForte suite of solutions to develop a government-specific cloud offering called CloudForte for Federal, enabling government and federal agencies to effectively provide citizen-facing services. Another set of proprietary IPs include the Unisys Cloud Management Platform (CMP) and the Secure Private Cloud solution.
- Majority of its clients are in the US and Canada, where it has a strong footprint and accounts for nearly half of its business. Some of its marquee clients include the US federal government, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and Georgia State University.
- It has identified security as a strategic growth lever for its digital transformation business. It has been making significant investments to its Stealth (cloud) portfolio and has integrated the Stealth suite of products as default offerings, accounting for 5-10% business of enterprise deals.
- Unisys has forged strong partnerships and alliances with global cloud service providers and technology vendors, including AWS, Microsoft Azure, Dell Technologies, Google, IBM, and VMware.
- With its deep engagement with AWS (Advanced Consulting Partner, MSP Partner), it has developed strong government competency, accredited over 400 AWS certified professionals and experienced 10x AWS practice growth over the last 3 years.
- Its innovation-led partnership with Microsoft spans solution co-development and joint GTM. It has an integrated Stealth cybersecurity suite with an Azure-based API in order to support enterprise cloud migration activities.
Investments & Innovation
- Leveraging its strength in security services, Unisys continues to gain traction with its Stealth(cloud) offering. For instance, it just launched an updated version Stealth 4.0 version with enhanced dynamic isolation and expanded automation.
- Seven months after launching CloudForte for AWS and Azure cloud, it launched a follow-up for ServiceNow customers called CloudForte for ServiceNow. This enables enterprises to manage complex environments based on the ServiceNow platform in a secure hybrid cloud.
- Unisys has established ~16 data centers (with co-location facilities) in Amsterdam, United Kingdom, Michigan, Brazil, Japan, Australia and New Zealand. In addition to this, it has also developed 5 security operation centers (SOCs) to help clients around cloud security issues.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.