Wipro recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report 2019 – 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services 2019-2020.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Wipro offers hybrid cloud services under its Cloud & Infrastructure Services (CIS) portfolio, which will contribute ~26% of the total Q2’20 revenue. It has a rich experience in managing 300K VMs deployed on the cloud across 60+ countries and is well-supported by 30,000 infrastructure professionals.
- It utilizes the Business First and Cloud Only approach to accelerate its client’s hybrid cloud journey, offering comprehensive managed services that include cloud assessment (through CloudBots), cloud migration (through Migration Studio), CloudOptimize, and prebuilt cloud development blueprints. It utilizes its proprietary cognitive automation platform dubbed HOLMES™.
- Apart from its historical strength areas in BFSI and healthcare industries, it has developed industry-specific solutions on SAP Leonardo. The first launch will focus on the energy and utility (based on the blockchain) sectors, followed by consumer and manufacturing industries.
- To strengthen cloud security and scale assets such as Cyber Defense Assurance Platform (CADP), Wipro has partnered with governing bodies such as Cloud Security Alliance and Wipro Ventures Portfolio (IntSights, CyCognito, Vectra, among others.
- Wipro has formed a comprehensive partner ecosystem of hyperscale providers, network services, security, and IoT platform providers. With VMware, it has co-developed Boundaryless Data Center (BLDC) and jointly offers VMware Cloud on AWS.
- It also has a decade-long partnership with AWS. Recently, it launched AWS Launch Pad, a state-of-the-art innovation center in Bengaluru, India to develop offerings in the areas of AI, ML, analytics, IoT etc., and facilitate accelerated cloud adoption among enterprises.
- As part of the Microsoft alliance, it offers end-to-end managed services through its Wipro-Microsoft delivery center leveraging the expertise of 19,000 Azure-certified engineers.
Investments & Innovation
- In addition to external hiring, Wipro has launched a unique outsourcing model Hybrid Crowd built on its Topcoder platform. It helps the company to crowdsource highly skilled resources in emerging technologies such as cloud, blockchain, and analytics.
- To accelerate enterprise cloud adoption, it has launched Cloud Studio, a marketplace for customers for cloud assessment and discovery, offered through a shared service model.
- It developed the Cloud Application Factory, a joint service framework to deploy applications on Red Hat. It utilizes 750+ dedicated resources trained in Red Hat technologies.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.