Accenture recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services 2018.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Accenture focused on the hybrid and multi-cloud management space fairly early. Apart from trained resources, it also had a product-based approach, and launched the first version of the Accenture Cloud Platform (ACP) in 2013. Further enhancements to the platform have led to expanded capabilities, especially around multi-cloud and hybrid orchestration and management.
- In continuing with its tool-focused approach, it has also built a set of solution accelerators and tools (under the Accenture Cloud Foundry) to accelerate migration to hybrid and pure cloud environments.
- Over the last few quarters, Accenture has executive focus on digital, cloud and security, which they collectively refer to as the “New”. This focus contributed 60% of the total revenue in the last quarter and has resulted in over 20% growth for the cloud business as well.
- Accenture also has a vast client base across all industries and geographies, which already heavily leverages the cloud.
- Accenture is deepening its already strong alliances with all cloud providers. It recently launched its Accenture Google Cloud Business Group (AGBG) to work on cloud technologies for enterprises. It has 1000+ Google cloud practitioners, with plans to double this next year.
- Similarly, it has an AWS CoE with a resource pool of more than 2000 AWS-certified professionals.
- They also have an alliance with Microsoft and Avanade (itself a joint venture between Accenture and Microsoft) to develop various solutions, including cloud-based ones, on the Microsoft stack.
Investments & Innovation
- Accenture has made several cloud-focused acquisitions such as DayNine, Phase One, DAZ Systems, Certus Solutions and Concrete Solutions.
- It has also invested in research and development to develop its platforms and tools. For instance, Accenture was granted a patent for analytics-based multi-cloud tagging as part of their Accenture Cloud Platform earlier this year.
- The other focus for Accenture is on training and reskilling. Apart from the Cloud partner-led certifications, it has also been investing in reskilling employees across cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics. Their training also addresses Agile development, intelligent platforms and automation.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.