Atos | Syntel recognized as an Innovator in Avasant’s Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as an Innovator for Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services 2018.Read the Avasant report
“Strategic focus on hybrid cloud. Strong multi-cloud management and automation assets. Significant scale after merger completion.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Both Atos and Syntel bring together significant hybrid cloud expertise to the market. While the integration is still ongoing, Atos|Syntel will leverage the significant assets that Atos brings to the table. These comprise of over 10 multi-cloud tenant hubs and a wide hybrid cloud client base.
- The hybrid strategy of the combined entity is likely to center around the Atos Canopy, a hybrid cloud platform that supports delivery of services across a wide spectrum of clouds, including in public-private constructs. This platform is also one of the key pillars of its digital transformation factory which is a strategic focus area for the firm, accounting for over a quarter of its revenues.
- Additionally, it has a strong suite of accelerators and automation tools (especially the SyntBots from the Syntel side of the house) that enable highly automated and differentiated end-to-end services. Using these significantly improved its hybrid cloud business operating margins.
- Before the merger, Atos was bullish in acquisitions in cloud space (Equens and Unify in 2016). This strategy might slow down post-integration.
- Atos | Syntel recently selected Google Cloud as its preferred public cloud platform. Additionally, it has recently entered into a partnership with Google Cloud to develop secure enterprise solutions together. It is also further expanding its Canopy-orchestrated hybrid cloud. However, it also partners with both Azure and AWS for delivering hybrid cloud services on those platforms.
- It has long-standing deep partnerships with select cloud ecosystem participants. For instance, its partnership with VMware has resulted in significant enhancement in the Atos Digital Workplace and the launch and development of the Atos Digital Private Cloud.
Investments & Innovation
- Before the merger, Syntel established a new facility in Memphis featuring a dedicated Pivotal Lab, which would the help the new venture to develop cloud-native applications and new toolsets around cloud capabilities.
- Additionally, Atos | Syntel will be establishing 3 research and development centers and innovation labs in France, UK and the US to focus on machine learning and artificial intelligence. These centers will also impart training around cloud capabilities from machine learning experts in Google Cloud’s advanced solution labs.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.