Infosys recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services 2018.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Infosys is shrugging off a tumultuous period last year, and has been actively focused on expanding its play in the digital space, which includes the cloud. There has been a considerable focus in integrating automation as part of the cloud migration and management platforms, especially for hybrid IT environments. The cloud brokerage side of the house has also seen good developments, including the Cloud Ecosystem Hub solution.
- Infosys adds on to its proprietary tools and frameworks, its considerable experience in large-scale enterprise change management programs and strong migration and integration capabilities to its hybrid cloud engagements.
- Infosys has been actively reaching out to its traditional infrastructure services client base that is looking for enterprise modernization support. Its solutions incorporate migration of some workloads to the cloud as a key element. With a wide client base, Infosys has been able to garner significant traction for its hybrid solutions beyond just the migration.
- Infosys is in the process of expanding its existing partnerships with the cloud ecosystem. For instance, it has launched a Microsoft Cloud business unit with a pool of trained consultants, architects and a sales team around Microsoft’s solution areas. It is also opening a Microsoft Cloud Innovation center in the US and has started providing scalable solutions on the Google cloud platform.
- It also uses the Infosys Innovation fund to engage with the startup community by identifying and funding promising startups in emerging technologies, including the intersection of automation and cloud.
Investments & Innovation
- Infosys has been using the inorganic route to build capabilities and solutions in this space. Two of its acquisitions under the previous leadership, Panaya and Cloudyn, were aimed at getting cloud automation and cloud optimization solutions into its fold. It is also setting up a joint venture with Temasek Holdings under which it has a 60% stake in Trusted Source Pte for USD 8.7M.
- It has developed solutions and IP on top of cloud ecosystems such as Azure, AWS, Google, IBM, and Oracle to provide appliances that can accelerate its clients’ journeys to the cloud.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.