Mindtree recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor for Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services 2018.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Mindtree’s cloud practice is a decade old. It has experience in managing the underlying infrastructure of one of the largest public cloud providers. This proximity has given it a ringside view of the industry and has helped it to develop mature offerings across migration and ongoing management
- It has a strong focus on the digital space and has formed a business unit around it in 2015. It leverages in-house automation tools and platforms such as MWatch, CAPE and MVC extensively in its hybrid cloud engagements. This has provided clients with significant cost savings, operational monitoring and analytics
- It has a good and loyal client base across verticals, enabling it to add new attributes to its cloud service offerings with existing clients and then take the attributes mainstream. For instance, it introduced predictive algorithms in cloud management for a global CPG major – later expanding it to 3 other clients as well.
- Mindtree has a very strong partnership with Microsoft that has matured over 18 years. It has a 360-degree relationship that includes joint go-to-market, IP co-sell solutions on the Azure platform, and access to cloud architects, product groups, customer success units and customer advisory teams (CATs).
- It also has a rich ecosystem of cloud providers, including AWS (advanced consulting partner with competencies in data analytics and DevOps), Microsoft Azure (gold certification), Google cloud (system integrator partnership), Salesforce (platinum cloud alliance partner), and IBM SoftLayer (premium business partnership).
Investments & Innovation
- Mindtree has been open to different creative routes to acquire technology assets. For example, it partnered with a startup to provide bolt-on accelerators for cloud migration to customers on their cloud journey.
- It has also developed an innovative pricing strategy to convert capex cost in cloud migration to opex, to have a nearly zero cost of migration for multi-year deals.
- Mindtree has earmarked 1% of cloud revenues for training/certifications programs, platform development and automation initiatives.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.